Creating New Tests possible bug

benhysell

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this a bug or not, but the method that is shown in the video for test creation (open the example test, use 'Save As' to save a copy and add it to the class) works, as long as the VI Tester window is not open. For some reason if VI Tester window is open 'Save As' is grayed out on all of the test VIs.

I'm on LabVIEW 8.6

Any thoughts to what might be happening, or is there any information I can provide that might help?

-ben

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this a bug or not, but the method that is shown in the video for test creation (open the example test, use 'Save As' to save a copy and add it to the class) works, as long as the VI Tester window is not open. For some reason if VI Tester window is open 'Save As' is grayed out on all of the test VIs.

I'm on LabVIEW 8.6

Any thoughts to what might be happening, or is there any information I can provide that might help?

-ben

Hi Ben,

Great observation! This is happening because the class gets 'locked' by LabVIEW when it is loaded on VI Tester GUI. You can edit the methods but can't add or remove new test methods. We're actively looking into ways to avoid locking the classes except when tests are being run (which will unavoidably lock the classes).

For now, the only workaround is to add your methods to the class when VI Tester GUI is closed.

Hope this helps,

Omar

Hi Ben,

Great observation! This is happening because the class gets 'locked' by LabVIEW when it is loaded on VI Tester GUI. You can edit the methods but can't add or remove new test methods. We're actively looking into ways to avoid locking the classes except when tests are being run (which will unavoidably lock the classes).

For now, the only workaround is to add your methods to the class when VI Tester GUI is closed.

Hope this helps,

Omar

Omar,

That's great it is on your radar, thanks for the quick reply.

-ben

Archived