• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shaun

Shaun
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hi,

Whilst looking into the new TSVN tool today I came across a use for the "Rename" function - I was thinking that this would be a great way to get LabVIEW and SVN to play nicely in a way that is not normally possible. What I wanted to do was move a VI from /Project/FolderA/File1.vi to /Project/FolderB/File1.vi. However, the rename dialog did not seem to give me any way to adjust the folder of the VI, only the name itself. Am I missing something and if not, would you consider adding this in future releases?

Thanks,
Shaun

#2 Jim Kring

Jim Kring
  • JKI Team
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:41 PM

Hi,

Whilst looking into the new TSVN tool today I came across a use for the "Rename" function - I was thinking that this would be a great way to get LabVIEW and SVN to play nicely in a way that is not normally possible. What I wanted to do was move a VI from /Project/FolderA/File1.vi to /Project/FolderB/File1.vi. However, the rename dialog did not seem to give me any way to adjust the folder of the VI, only the name itself. Am I missing something and if not, would you consider adding this in future releases?

Thanks,
Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I'm pretty sure that you can move a file in the TSVN rename dialog. For example, to move /Project/FolderA/File1.vi to /Project/FolderB/File1.vi, simply enter ../FolderB/File1.vi as the new name. Now, I'm not sure, off-hand, whether the JKI TSVN Tool will handle this gracefully -- I'm about 75% confident. Please try and let me know :D

Thanks,

-Jim

#3 Jim Kring

Jim Kring
  • JKI Team
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:06 PM

Hi Shaun,

I just did a quick test and it's not working the way that I thought it might. TSVN moves/renames the file to the new directory, but LabVIEW doesn't know that the file has moved to a new location. In this case, after you rename the file with TSVN, you should do a Save As in LabVIEW an select the new location in the file dialog.

Thanks,

-Jim