Suggestion: testExample.vit

Daklu

When I create a new test case class the first thing I do is rename testExample.vi to textExample.vit. That simplifies my work flow a bit for a couple reasons:

1. I can right click the template and use "New From Template" instead of going through the rename dialog box. Easier and faster.

2. The testExample unit test doesn't show up as an available test so it isn't executed and my test results aren't all cluttered up.

Changing it to a template does raise an error when I start VI Tester. Any chance of 'officially' changing testExample to a template?

post-2450-1250006054.png

Any chance of 'officially' changing testExample to a template?

This is a good idea, we'll look into it further. I think the reason that we shipped the testExample as a .vi instead of .vit is so that users could actually 'execute' the testCase that we create without any modifications to validate that their testCase *works*. Its partly because we weren't sure how much LVOOP experience our users would have so we wanted to minimize the effort for getting started, and that meant making it easy for users to see their testCase on the VI Tester GUI.

The runtime error you are seeing is because the way that we find tests to show on the VI Tester UI is via 'introspection' and it just happens that we're searching for VIs named test*.vi and test*.vit is being found as a 'match'. I've filed a bug for this (Case 7883) and added it to the known issues.

The runtime error you are seeing is because the way that we find tests to show on the VI Tester UI is via 'introspection' and it just happens that we're searching for VIs named test*.vi and test*.vit is being found as a 'match'.

FWIW the error doesn't seem to hurt anything. I suppose I could just go into <Labview>\resource\JKI\VI Tester\Templates\TestCase and rename textExample.vi to Example.vit. Then I wouldn't have to rename it at all for new test cases.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It would also be nice if the standard template would have bit more space and that everything is lined up correctly

Or better yet, allow us to replace the default template with our own templates.

(FYI, test cases are usually similar enough that I create new ones by opening an existing test case and selecting "Save As..." rather than starting from scratch every time.)

Archived