[Feature Request] be able to build package with duplicated VIs

odjau

I've successfully upgrade all my old packages built with OpenG Package Builder except for one. Trying to build it with VIPM 2010 give me the following error:

SourceVisDuplicates.jpg

VIPM does not allow me to build package containing VIs with the same name. In my use case, I want to install template VIs in the corresponding LabVIEW directory. Some of my template VIs have the same name but are slightly different.

If it's not too hard to allow duplicates in a same package, it will be great to had this feature to next release of VIPM.

Regards,

[Notice] Writing this post, I think about a possible workaround, split my package in many small packages. It can be done but hard to maintain in the future if I need to add lots of templates like these ones...

For now I guess a workaround would be to have VIPM rename the VIs with a prefix perhaps. You can do this in the source files settings.

I was interested in this thread and I tried renaming in the source file settings but it did not work. But the message does state "...no duplicate source VIs".

I was interested in this thread and I tried renaming in the source file settings but it did not work. But the message does state "...no duplicate source VIs".

Yup. This is a bug. I've logged it internally as [case 10562] Renaming VIs during build does not avoid duplicate VIs found error during build.

I also logged the feature request: [case 10561] Be able to build package with duplicate VI names

Also. Another option is to use LabVIEW libraries. You could have a no_banner.lvlib and a banner.lvlib.

Another option is to use LabVIEW libraries. You could have a no_banner.lvlib and a banner.lvlib.

Hi Michael,

For my personal case I see two problematic point (not tried yet).

How lvlib will be managed by LabVIEW template window ? How the membership of VI will be managed when new VI will be created from this template ?

Archived