Detailed Help seems to be missing ...

Bob Schor

I just successfully installed and upgraded EasyXML 2.0.2 on a new LabVIEW 2011 installation. I decided to run a little test, so opened a new VI, plopped down Easy Generate XML, and since I didn't remember all of the rules, clicked on "Detailed Help" at the bottom. Nothing happened! Dismayed, I went back to my trusty 2010 system on another machine and tried the same thing -- would you believe I got the same result?

So, is there no Detailed Help, or is there some reason my (Windows 7) PC cannot view it? I'm happy to try various things (my LabVIEW 2011 system is on a VM, so I'm more than willing to "experiment").

Bob Schor

That seems strange. The help should open in a web browser, can you ensure that you have a default web browser selected (if its a new computer and you've never opened a browser, then it could create this issue)?

Post back whether this works, if it doesn't help, I'll see if I can reproduce the issue. I tried opening the help on an XP machine running LV2011 and it worked fine just now. I can try it on a Windows 7 machine if you're still having issues.

Archived