Problems Running VIPM on Windows 7 Pro (64 bit)

Lee Sitton

I've just rebuilt my PC from scratch as my hard disk crashed. Everything has gone smoothly and the PC is running fast (I know this won't be the case after a few weeks!!)

However, I seem to be experiencing a problem with VIPM.

I wanted to install LabVIEW's Structured Error Handler (which I had done previously) for a live project I'm currently working on. When I opened the package it informed me that it had a dependent GXML reference library. I located and installed this and then returned to the install of the SEH package. The install appears to start but then says "Resolving Package Dependencies" and does nothing else regardless of how long I leave it. At the same time my processor usage hits about 90% and VIPM consumes 250MB RAM.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I could try.

I've tried uninstalling GXML and VIPM, then re-installing them both but the same thing happens. I have to kill the VIPM process in Task Manager.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm on a tight schedule to get my project completed for a customer.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Lee,

You've experienced a bug in the VIPM 2011.0.1's dependency resolution. It probably only affects a small number of packages, but unfortunately “Structured Error Handler” is one of them. We have reproduced the bug and are working on a fix, but I don't have a timetable for when it will be ready.

In the meantime, the only workaround I can give you is to downgrade back to VIPM 2011.0.0.

Here is the link to download the old installer: http://jkisoft.com/updates/vipm-2011-windows-setup.exe

I apologize again for the trouble, and I hope downgrading (for now) isn't a huge hassle for you. If you need anything else please post back and we'll be glad to help.

Thank you.

- Ashish

I have experienced a similar problem. I uninstalled VIPM 2011.0.1 and installed VIPM 2011.0.0

Then I tried to use it to have the "MGI read/write anything" addon, but the VIPM hangs, or rather, it is doing something, but never arrives to the end of what it is doing.

I hope this helps.

Lee,

You've experienced a bug in the VIPM 2011.0.1's dependency resolution. It probably only affects a small number of packages, but unfortunately “Structured Error Handler” is one of them. We have reproduced the bug and are working on a fix, but I don't have a timetable for when it will be ready.

In the meantime, the only workaround I can give you is to downgrade back to VIPM 2011.0.0.

Here is the link to download the old installer: http://jkisoft.com/updates/vipm-2011-windows-setup.exe

I apologize again for the trouble, and I hope downgrading (for now) isn't a huge hassle for you. If you need anything else please post back and we'll be glad to help.

Thank you.

- Ashish

Ashish,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, both hung at work. But I have good news.

When I tried to download the same thing at home I was successful.

We might have a security feature at work that interferes with the normal operation (DOWNLOAD AND LABVIEW ACCESS).

What should I tell our IT guys? Do they need togive some special permission to VIMP to take control of my LabVIEW?

Gabe

that

judomagyar,

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you saying that both the VIPM versions (2011.0.0 and 2011.0.1) hanged while installing the "MGI read/write anything" package?

judomagyar,

Thanks for testing this at home since that is how we have really isolate the problem most of the times. :)

I would recommend login as an administrator while installing VIPM and packages.

Some clarification:

- VIPM 2011.0.1 has a bug where it hangs while installing certain packages with status (at the bottom of the window) displaying "resolving dependencies"

This should not happen in VIPM 2011.0.0. So, if your VIPM 2011.0.0 hangs, please provide us with additional information/screenshot to help us investigate.

Thank you.

Archived