Hung dialog window

todd

I'm not sure this is a VIPM issue, but I'm hoping someone has an idea what's going on. I'm running 2011.0.1 Community build 1692, LV2010 32, and LV 2011 32 on win7 64. VIPM dialog windows are empty and I can't close them with the X - only with Task Manager. LV dialog windows in my own LV apps are ok. Any ideas?

post-3827-0-10416300-1327522369_thumb.png

post-3827-0-76966000-1327522853_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Well, running as Administrator makes it work. My account has admin priviledges, but I see that doesn't matter. Thanks!

I'm seeing this exact issue, but running as administrator is not solving the problem. A co-worker is experiencing the same thing. Originally I upgraded from 2010.0.2 (which was working fine). I then uninstalled and re-installed 2011.0.1 but the problem remains. It looks like all of the dialogs are blank white (tooltips still pop-up as I move my mouse around in the white window) and after 30 seconds or so VIPM stops responding and windows closes it down.

I have LV 2010 and 2011 installed on Windows 7 64-bit. Running from an admin account "as administrator".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Toby

I'll add this as it is likely related somehow. When I attempt to "Launch Current LabVIEW Version" frome the Tools menu nothing happens (for LV2010 or 2011). The following error is logged (I do have LabVIEW installed with the exe residing at the indicated path):

=========== START of VIPM Error Message ===========

An internal VIPM Error has occured on: Thursday March 01, 2012 at 04:59:55 PM

= Automated Message Start =

Error 998 occurred at System Exec.vi. Command was ""C:\Program Files (x86)\National

Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\LabVIEW.exe""

This error code is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code, or you might have

wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

= Automated Message End =

= User Defined Message Start =

Error launching LV from main window

= User Defined Message End =

= Error Handler Call Chain Start =

VIPM Main Window.vi

= Error Handler Call Chain End =

=========== END of VIPM Error Message ===========

Here's my workaround...

I deleted the settings.ini file from C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM (ProgramData is a hidden folder by default). This got my dialog windows to show their content.

VIPM was still failing to launch LabVIEW 2010 or 2011 from the "VIPM - Test LabVIEW Connection" dialog. I manually opened LabVIEW and verified that the TCP/IP port settings were correct, then left LabVIEW open. I unchecked the box that says "Auto-configure LabVIEW to use the specified TCP/IP Port" and then the test completed successfully. For some reason VIPM is not able to launch LabVIEW for me (even when running as administrator). As long as I manually open the version of LabVIEW that I want to deal with I am able to load/upgrade packages without problems.

-Toby

• 4 weeks later...

Archived