I just messed up my installation again on an other computer. This time I fixed it by manually extracting the files from the vipm package.
But now I used the opportunity to examine:
- The original owning class is "TemplateTestCase.lvclass". It also was last time, I have checked in the attached file.
- The problem seems to be that <resource> is a symbolic path in LV12. (Spotted in the class file attached to the original post.)
- When the template files are converted to LV12, they do not contain relative links relative to themselves, but links relative to <resource>
- When this files are copied or moved, their SubVIs still point to <resurces>/...
- When the files are not converted, <resource> does not exist, so the problem does not occure.
I just tested this:
I opened and saved the TestCaseTemplate.lvclass to LV12. A new created TestCaseClass contains the VIs in the original location <resource>/jki/....
I restored the TestCaseTemplate.lvclass (it's LV8.2 now). Creating a new TestCase works now.
I do not know why the (class) files have been converted, whether this was done automatically or by accident. (Why did nobody else have this problem?)
You probably must look for a new place for the Templates (containing TestCaseTemplate and TestSuiteTemplate), maybe somewhere outside the LabVIEW dir. Or you keep the files in the old version and somehow hide them that they do not get converted (even not by accident). (wrong file extensions, write protect them, put in a zip file, ...)
My work around was to restore the template files from the vipm package (and hope). (I try to write protect them but this setting is copied to the new class, what is not what I want...)restore from vipm package:
- open the vimp package with a zip program
- or copy it and append the extension .zip, the double click
- in the zip file, the files are located in "File Group 0\resource\JKI\VI Tester\Templates\"
Edited by shb, 05 March 2013 - 07:45 AM.