VIPM hangs while cleaning up temporary files

I am relatively new to VIPM. When I build a package, VIPM hangs while cleaning up temporary files. I have to kill it with Task Manager. However, the good news is that it successfully builds the package. I am using Windows 7 32 bit, VIPM 2014, LabVIEW 2011. Any ideas, anyone?

It might be related to the permissions to the installer for deleting temp file. See what happens if you run the installer as Administrator (right mouse click and select "Run As Administrator".

Let me know how it goes.

I am relatively new to VIPM. When I build a package, VIPM hangs while cleaning up temporary files. I have to kill it with Task Manager. However, the good news is that it successfully builds the package. I am using Windows 7 32 bit, VIPM 2014, LabVIEW 2011. Any ideas, anyone?

One issue could be that the temporary location is being viewed in file explorer or some other app has a handle on the temp files used by VIPM. This is very rare, but could happen.

Is this something that is repeatable with every build or sometimes. Also try restarting your computer clean and do a build to see if it happens.

One issue could be that the temporary location is being viewed in file explorer or some other app has a handle on the temp files used by VIPM. This is very rare, but could happen.

Is this something that is repeatable with every build or sometimes. Also try restarting your computer clean and do a build to see if it happens.

Hi Ashish and Michael,

Thanks for your replies. I have done 2 or 3 builds and not seen the problem again, although when I posted, I had seen the problem about 3 times. I'll let you know if I see it again.

Archived