Build fails with error 8, file permission.

lazerhead

I have a package that I have built quite a number of times. However lately when I try to build I get error 8, file permission error. I looked up what is causing the issue and it seems like having a file set to read only can cause this problem. I changed the entire path of the build files to not be read only but I still get this error. I think it may have something to do with me creating a work account on the computer which is not an administrator. I have tried running Package Manager as administrator but to no avail. Any thoughts? Screenshots of error attached.

post-27229-0-27190700-1415895367_thumb.png

I have a package that I have built quite a number of times. However lately when I try to build I get error 8, file permission error. I looked up what is causing the issue and it seems like having a file set to read only can cause this problem. I changed the entire path of the build files to not be read only but I still get this error. I think it may have something to do with me creating a work account on the computer which is not an administrator. I have tried running Package Manager as administrator but to no avail. Any thoughts? Screenshots of error attached.

Quick update. Even when logged in as and administrator I was still getting the same error. This seems to be a bug with lvlib file permissions. I have removed all the lvlib files and just added the files they referenced to a virtual folder and the package built with no errors.

This was all done with Windows 8.1, x64, LabVIEW 2009 and VI Package Manager 2014

Archived