• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jamesmc86

jamesmc86
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

Hi Guys,

I got the pro edition of VIPM so that I can easily switch between projects without having to worry so much about dependencies.

However I have been creating vipc files but it often seems to miss some dependencies when I scan my projects. In some places I can't explain it (it misses the lavag json library in one project) in others it is a little more understandable (I'm using the Saphir xcontrols and it misses these).

Obviously this is a problem but would be easily solved with an option to manually add packages but this doesn't appear to exist. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
James

#2 Jim Kring

Jim Kring
  • JKI Team
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hi James,

I've just updated the How to use VI Package Configurations (VIPC) help document to include some info about how to manually add new packages to a VI Package Configuration file. Basically, there's two ways:

You can manually add packages to a VIPC file by dragging & dropping them from the VIPM Main package list into the VI Package Configuration window, as shown below:

2014-12-05_12-12-13.png

Or, you can right-click on the package from the VIPM Main package list and choose Send to Configuration, as shown below:

2014-12-05_12-10-43.png

I hope that helps!

#3 Jim Kring

Jim Kring
  • JKI Team
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

Also, I should mention that there is another helpful tip: "Pin" packages that are manually added. “Pinning” prevents VIPM from removing the package after a Scan Project, if the package is not found as a dependency.

2014-12-05_12-19-46.png

#4 Jim Kring

Jim Kring
  • JKI Team
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

Hey James,

Thanks for your question: it inspired me to write up a short blog post on pinning packages :)

Have a great weekend!

-Jim

#5 jamesmc86

jamesmc86
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:45 AM

Thanks Jim,

I thought it seemed most likely I was missing something, thanks for the responses and the documentation updates.

Cheers,
James