QD for JKI STM

BOBILLIER Eric

Hi JKI STM users

After few years of resistance to Quick Drop usage (i always prefer JKI RCF), i have decide to create one QD who include my previous JKI STM tools.

Before propose it to the QD community, I need somes beta testers to valid the package and the QD too.

I have test it on LV2009 and LV2011, and all to seem to be ok (on my PC).

This QD include 3 tools: 1) JKI STM editor 2) JKI STM add states 3) Remover off unused "add State to Queue.vi"

Is it easy to use.

1) For JKI STM editor: Select in first one string constant connect to one "add State to Queue.vi" and launch QD with Ctrl+SpaceBar and Ctrl+K

this tool open and you can easily select populate string constante with existing states.

2) For JKI STM add states : Select in first the most case structure and launch QD with Ctrl+SpaceBar and Ctrl+K

This tool open one dialog to add states or separators.

3) Remover off unused "add State to Queue.vi": Don't select anything and just launch QD with Ctrl+SpaceBar and Ctrl+Shit+K

This can take few seconds of wait before end.

After installation of package with VIPM, it be good to recompile _JKI STM Tools folder in QD Plugin folder. I don't find how do that automaticaly with VIPM

Perhapse the _ lock the vipm process for mass compilation.??

If you all ready use K letter for your QD, it is easy to modify this short cut by editing documentation of K.vi (and vi name too). I have use K.vi to be compatible with LV2009 User.

Best regards

Eric Bobillier

ebc_qd_jki_stm_tools-1.0.0.10.vip

My Case Select quick drop plugin does two of the three things you've mentioned, plus lots more.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-24058 for the current version.

http://lavag.org/files/file/90-caseselect/ for a list of features.

This one also works with non-JKI (string-based) state machines and Event structures.

My Case Select quick drop plugin does two of the three things you've mentioned, plus lots more.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-24058 for the current version.

http://lavag.org/files/file/90-caseselect/ for a list of features.

This one also works with non-JKI (string-based) state machines and Event structures.

Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply, but i find it a bit agressive <_< (maybe it's about translation,i'm french). Don't worry, i don't want to compete with you and rob of your status of best QD :D . I know your Case select RCF and find it very pratical (i use 3.0.0.4 version because i'm always in LV2011). I'm not agree with you and thinks than you can't compare our tools. the only things i have found who seem near, is the capacity to create case in JKI stm. And if i look in detail, yours create one empty case,while mine create one complete JKI Stm Case (with wire, background color and Add state to queue.vi). And i don't think your QD can edit string constante and populate it like do my JKI state editor. Perhaps in your last upgrade version, have you introduce those features ?

Have you tested my tool ? if not, you can see here there is some old videos who show how it works. As soon as I get time,I try to update those videos to explain all features of my tool.

Eric

Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply, but i find it a bit agressive [...]

I apologize. It wasn't meant to be that way and I appreciate your willingness to credit it to translation. Thank you.

You're correct about creating new states; mine is clearly inferior. I considered adding the features but never did it. My QD will add states to a string constant, though. Select a string constant, double-click states in the tree and they'll be added (and you'll be prompted for an argument if the argument terminal is wired).

I haven't tried yours, and my QD plugin isn't the best, for sure.

I apologize. It wasn't meant to be that way and I appreciate your willingness to credit it to translation. Thank you.

Don't worry , it's already forget... :rolleyes:

My QD will add states to a string constant, though. Select a string constant, double-click states in the tree and they'll be added (and you'll be prompted for an argument if the argument terminal is wired).

I didn't know this feature of your QD (where is it documented ?) I have test it today, and don't take it wrong, but i prefer mine :P .

With mine you can easly

* Show arguments and select them without write somethings.

* Add comments or block comments in string cste.

* Move the order of the state in string.

* Lock one or few states (right click on right list of states).

* Replace one state by another (with replace button).

* Add arguments case without get out of QD (right click in arguments list).

* Use drag and drop or button for case selection.

* Make multi selection to move, del, lock,...

* And at the end obtein string cste with differents colors for states,arguments and comments (or lock cases ) to be more readable.

Please,try it and tell me what you think about and if Package is ok or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived