Jump to content


Photo

"All source files must be closed"


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OllyT

OllyT
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:31 AM

I'm encountering an error when trying to build a package with VIPM 2014.

 

VIPM will report that

 

"In order to build your VI Package, all source files (for example, VIs or CTLs) must be closed within LabVIEW. Please review the following VI list and make sure they are closed.

Note: If you continue to see this message, you may have some VI Package source files on your (Copy/Paste) clipboard or they are [sic] may be called by other VIs that are open in LabVIEW".

 

I have tried completely shutting LabVIEW down. Rebooting the PC. Clearing the clipboard. Checking the files will run and have all required dependencies and now I'm completely out of ideas?

I'm getting quite a few files doing this and I can't seem to determine what is different with these files to others.

 

I can get the package to build if I select "Do not compile on build" but this isn't particularly ideal. It is also causing some other issues I will post in a new topic.

 

VIPM 2014

Win 7 Pro 32 bit

 

Any thoughts/ideas?

 

Thanks


  • 0

#2 OllyT

OllyT
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

Sorry for the double post, my browser seems to hang when you hit the "post" button and doesn't show a success message.


  • 0

#3 OllyT

OllyT
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:46 AM

Anyone have any insight into this problem? It's becoming quite an issue for me now.

 

Thanks.


  • 0

#4 Ashish

Ashish
  • JKI Team
  • 254 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

We had some other VIPM user having similar issue and here is what was discovered in this package source and the fix that solved the problem:
 
........ discovered a bad class library ownership relationship. Although one of my classes was directly placed within a lvlib, the class itself believed it was within a different lvlib, one that didn't even exist anymore. Despite this corruption, LabVIEW wasn't showing any errors, broken VIs or problems. I only discovered this when I started investigating one of the least well travelled routes with my code and saw some very odd behaviour with a DVR and an in-place structure on the class in question.
 
.........resolving this class ownership issue appears to have resolved the problem in VIPM. I can only presume that the ownership corruption caused VIPM to get confused about which libraries to copy, open and close etc., or perhaps caused LabVIEW itself to fail to handle the libraries properly when closing the classes.
 
Let me know if this helps or you have a different scenario.

  • 0
Ashish Uttarwar
Product Support Engineer and Certified LabVIEW Developer, JKI