"All source files must be closed"

OllyT

I'm encountering an error when trying to build a package with VIPM 2014.

VIPM will report that

"In order to build your VI Package, all source files (for example, VIs or CTLs) must be closed within LabVIEW. Please review the following VI list and make sure they are closed.

Note: If you continue to see this message, you may have some VI Package source files on your (Copy/Paste) clipboard or they are [sic] may be called by other VIs that are open in LabVIEW".

I have tried completely shutting LabVIEW down. Rebooting the PC. Clearing the clipboard. Checking the files will run and have all required dependencies and now I'm completely out of ideas?

I'm getting quite a few files doing this and I can't seem to determine what is different with these files to others.

I can get the package to build if I select "Do not compile on build" but this isn't particularly ideal. It is also causing some other issues I will post in a new topic.

VIPM 2014

Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
We had some other VIPM user having similar issue and here is what was discovered in this package source and the fix that solved the problem:

........ discovered a bad class library ownership relationship. Although one of my classes was directly placed within a lvlib, the class itself believed it was within a different lvlib, one that didn't even exist anymore. Despite this corruption, LabVIEW wasn't showing any errors, broken VIs or problems. I only discovered this when I started investigating one of the least well travelled routes with my code and saw some very odd behaviour with a DVR and an in-place structure on the class in question.

.........resolving this class ownership issue appears to have resolved the problem in VIPM. I can only presume that the ownership corruption caused VIPM to get confused about which libraries to copy, open and close etc., or perhaps caused LabVIEW itself to fail to handle the libraries properly when closing the classes.

Let me know if this helps or you have a different scenario.

Archived