VI Calling VIM Fails to Build

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hooovahh

hooovahh
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:26 PM

I've been using the new VIMs feature of VIPM 2017 and am having some issues getting it to build successfully.  If I have a VIM on the palette it builds just fine, but if I add a VI that calls that VIM the build fails, even if that VI isn't on the palette.

Attached is a zip with my source.  It fails to build because the normal VI "Is Variant Repository.vi" calls a VIM that is in that package.  If I delete that VI the build works fine.  Is this a known limitation that a package can't be built, if a VI calls a VIM?  Here are the errors seen when the build fails.  Thanks.

VIPM 1.png
VIPM 2.png

Attached Files

"40 dollars!? This better be the best damn beer ever.. [drinks beer] You got lucky. "
"Whoah, someone smells stinky! Oh, its me. "

#2 hooovahh

hooovahh
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

So...is anyone from JKI monitoring these forums?  I have a show stopping bug that I posted two weeks ago, in the latest version of VIPM, can anyone give any advice?  Thanks.

"40 dollars!? This better be the best damn beer ever.. [drinks beer] You got lucky. "

#3 drjdpowell

drjdpowell
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

I have the exact same issue:

VIPM 2017 VIM issue.png

At the moment, I'm only calling VIMs inside my Examples, and so I'm excluding Examples from the package temporarily.  

Edited by drjdpowell, 14 July 2017 - 01:01 PM.

#4 drjdpowell

drjdpowell
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

Interestingly, I have a couple of VIMs that contain other VIMs, and they don't produce this error.  Only the VIs that call VIMs do.

#5 hooovahh

hooovahh
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

Interestingly, I have a couple of VIMs that contain other VIMs, and they don't produce this error.  Only the VIs that call VIMs do.

This is what I observed too.

#6 Ashish

Ashish
  • JKI Team
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

Hi !!

Apologies for missing out on these. We were able to reproduce the behaviour and have recorded as Case 17570 for VIPM team to take a look at.

I will get back to you when there are more updates on this.

Ashish Uttarwar
Product Support Engineer and Certified LabVIEW Developer, JKI

#7 hooovahh

hooovahh
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:04 PM

The recently posted update VIPM 2017 F1 fixes this issue for me.  Finally I can build all the VIM packages I've been wanting to.

Edited by hooovahh, 06 October 2017 - 09:08 PM.

#8 Ashish

Ashish
  • JKI Team
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:06 AM

Great! It was indeed one of the fixes implemented in VIPM 2017 SP1.

Thanks for confirmation and glad to know that you were able to build the package successfully.

Ashish Uttarwar
Product Support Engineer and Certified LabVIEW Developer, JKI