VIPM 2017 Download Available?

cmal

It looks like VIPM 2017 is included with LabVIEW 2017, but it is not yet available for download on https://vipm.jki.net/download. This would normally be fine, except I noticed in the release notes that packages built with VIPM 2017 cannot be installed with older versions. This is a potential problem because anybody who has installed LabVIEW 2017 cannot currently distribute their newly built packages to people who are still using older versions of LabVIEW, since they have no way of getting their hands on VIPM 2017.

Also, can anyone confirm that there will be Mac and Linux versions of VIPM 2017? If not, that will be a big problem for those of us who build packages on Windows then need to install them on other OSs.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, hoooovahh. That's good to know it's possible to download VIPM 2017. However, it looks like the Mac and Linux downloads are still at 2014. This means I won't be able to build VI packages using VIPM 2017 if I need to distribute them to Linux computers, which is a big problem for me.

It would be great if someone from JKI could address this.

Archived