Initial questions + feature requests

TonP

Nice, I like the easy print-layout of the created string!

Some questions

You refer in documentation to the XML scheme:

However the outputted XML string follows normal LabVIEW rules:

DecimalSign.png

This follows the labview formatter %#g, maybe it's better to use %.;%#g, or use an input similar to the 'Number to fractional String' primitives?

Their is a bug present in LabVIEW that prohibits to change the decimal sign of a timestamp.

Google earth's KML timestamp doesn't mention partional seconds (and Google is always right).

I haven't checked what will happen if it founds a decimal sign.

Feature requests:

Support for Variant Attributes!

An XML parser that doesn't need a cluster input.

Ton

Hi Ton,

> Nice, I like the easy print-layout of the created string!

Great! we're glad you like it. And, thanks for the valuable feedback on the issues you've identified.

> This follows the labview formatter %#g, maybe it's better to use %.;%#g, or use an input similar to the 'Number to fractional String' primitives?

Yes, you're right. We did use the %#g formatter and should have used %.;%#g as you mention. I've created a tracking number for this issue: Case 5098.

> Their is a bug present in LabVIEW that prohibits to change the decimal sign of a timestamp.

We can work around this. I've created a tracking number for this issue: Case 5099.

> Google earth's KML timestamp doesn't mention partional seconds (and Google is always right).

> I haven't checked what will happen if it founds a decimal sign.

I haven't tested this either. My guess is that it would work, but that's just an assumption. Would you be able to test whether that's the case?

> Feature requests:

> Support for Variant Attributes!

> An XML parser that doesn't need a cluster input.

I'm not sure what you mean by support for variant attributes. How would variant attributes map into XML? What's your use case?

And, I'm not sure what you mean by an XML parser that doesn't need a cluster input. EasyXML allows any of the supported scalar data types to be wired into it, as you can see in the screenshot below:

EasyXML_Support_for_Scalars.png

Thanks,

-Jim

I'm not sure what you mean by support for variant attributes. How would variant attributes map into XML? What's your use case?

And, I'm not sure what you mean by an XML parser that doesn't need a cluster input. EasyXML allows any of the supported scalar data types to be wired into it, as you can see in the screenshot below:

It would be nice if an attribute of a variant cluster would be treated like a #attributes field.

For an XML parser I mean a VI that returns the contents as a variant.

Ton

• 6 years later...

Archived