Error 10 in writing to xml-file

Arne

Hi

Is this a bug ??

Using Writing to xml file more than once (to the same file) gives an error 10. Try example "Write and Read XML File.vi". Switch "Delete File When Done (TRUE)" to off and run the VI twice...

"Error 10 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in Easy Write XML File__JKI EasyXML.vi->Write and Read XML File.vi"

/arne

Hi

Is this a bug ??

Using Writing to xml file more than once (to the same file) gives an error 10. Try example "Write and Read XML File.vi". Switch "Delete File When Done (TRUE)" to off and run the VI twice...

"Error 10 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in Easy Write XML File__JKI EasyXML.vi->Write and Read XML File.vi"

/arne

Hi Arne,

Yes, this is the expected behavior.

The Easy Write XML File function writes the whole XML file. It does not append and it does not overwrite. In a future version we are considering adding an input that will allow you to select whether you want to overwrite existing files, without an error.

As a work-around, you might want to call Delete File before you write the file.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,

-Jim

Hi Jim

No trouble at all. I just got puzzled over the Replace in

My code works fine with Delete File before writing to the xml-file more than once.

Thank you

/arne

No trouble at all. I just got puzzled over the Replace in

My code works fine with Delete File before writing to the xml-file more than once.

You're right that this error message is confusing. We'll try to address that in a future release.

I'm glad you got it working :)

Archived