All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. Earlier
  3. Hi Jatin, I’m glad you were able to figure this out and upgrade to the latest version. Hope the course is going well for you so far. Let us know if you need anything else. Jim
  4. Never mind. It appears my JKI state machine was a older version after the upgrade I was able to access explorer option.
  5. Hey Guys, I'm learning JKI state machine from the training and in one of the lesson Jim introduced very useful tool JKI state machine explorer but for some reason I do not see that when I right click on the JKI state machine while loop. Can someone tell me what else should I install other than JKI state machine from VIPM to have the explorer option? Thanks, Jatin
  6. I am having issues while installing an API using VIPM 2019. The API was written using the 2018 VIPM version. I have already installed LabVIEW Runtime Engine 2018 version. I am using LabVIEW 2018 version. This issue seems to be consistent as I had tried to install it on other computers as well. Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this? Thanks Mathew
  7. I need some help to remove this program, for proper installation, but I´ve been trying all day and this message keeps poping out , "there is a problem with this windows installer package. A program riquired for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor". The problem is, i have not uninstalled properly. i have deleted files, so it is not removing from my control panel. please tell me how to uninstall or reinstall the VIPM
  8. Hi, Can you try to install VIPM with "Run As Administrator" option. Here is an article that explains how to do it for launching VIPM. But, you can use same process while installing VIPM. But, before that, make sure you remove all files related to VIPM from Program Files(x86) and Program Data folder.
  9. Ian, Certainly a useful feature for some user. But, it possibly did not make it to the list of improvements during VIPM updates. I will suggest to add your opinion on the Idea Exchange for making it visible to the responsible folks.
  10. GCraftsman provides an extension package that can seamlessly serialize/deserialize classes using EasyXML called JSON Object Serializer. It seems to work pretty well in my limited use. It is a paid library.
  11. VIPM (while awesome) still doesn't seem to have a way to filter packages based on age (aka show me recent packages first). The JKI website has a Discover Packages page but it seems it stopped updating in 2017. There was an idea posted concerning this over 8 years ago (!) with barely a mention since. How can I tell which packages I have never seen before, without going through the entire list of ~750 packages every time I open VIPM?
  12. Hi Helcio, Yes, this happened in 2018. Our official statement about this is included in the release notes: "In order to best support our customers and ensure LabVIEW compatibility, VIPM supports new versions of LabVIEW as they are released. There are many instances where older versions of VIPM do not work well with newer versions of LabVIEW, due to changes in where/how LabVIEW and its files get installed." JKI has to provide support for each new version of LabVIEW as it's released, so we needed to align our support and releases with LabVIEW.
  13. Hello Jim, It used to be that older versions of VIPM could connect to the newest versions of LABVIEW. Is there any particular reason why this changed? This issue seems to have happened from the VIPM 2018 Version because it was a major update. Is this going to happen for all versions of VIPMs in the future? The problem is that I have a licence for VIPM 2018, and now I can't use VIPM 2018 with LABVIEW 2019 (I won't be able to generate VIPC files without the licence). thanks Helcio
  14. Hi Helcio, Yes, you will need to use VIPM 2019 in order to manage LabVIEW 2019. You can upgrade via the menu in VIPM (Help >> Check for VIPM Updates) or download from vipm.jki.net/download -Jim
  15. I have installed LABVIEW 2019, and I followed the procedures to make sure VIPM can communicate with VIPM 2018.0.0f2: https://support.jki.net/hc/en-us/articles/214135683-Resolving-issues-with-VIPM-connecting-to-LabVIEW But, still I do not see LABVIEW 2019 listed within the VIPM window: Any clue on how o solve this? Thanks
  16. That's a great idea, which we've been considering. We've posted a related idea and request for feedback, here: https://github.com/JKISoftware/JKI-State-Machine/issues/11
  17. I have only one question. Why are previous versions not provided to download? Thank you
  18. Hi I tried to install LINX through VIPM, but error occurs. followings are entire error messages: Main Package Name: Digilent LINX (Control Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone and more) v3.0.1.192 Package Name with Error: Digilent LINX (Control Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone and more) v3.0.1.192 Error Message: VIPM could not install the package lvh_linx-3.0.1.192 . Error Code: 42 Error Source: D5566ECD6962606ED717A0810948FA29->0AF9339C77424DFA92DA38FDE74DE74C->4E1CC4C6560AE3803601B09E181DEFA6->OGPM Class.lvlib:89AC7BADF759B8183E200C1F7AFA7855->OGPM Class.lvlib:3617A98EB64CF6012064A2A881466B07->579BE417495B7ADCD1FF111EE165D832->VIPM Main Window.vi 안에 VI 참조 열기<APPEND> I use labview 2012, window7, and the latest version of vipm.
  19. Hi @Jonathan. I'm glad you find the JKI tools helpful! It's possible, but will probably take some tweaks. There's a post here about how to use a Proxy with LabVIEW's built-in HTTP client VIs, which the JKI HTTP REST Client uses, under the hood. If you need support in figuring this out and implementing a solution, you can also Contact JKI to discuss your project.
  20. Hello everyone, Fist of all thank you for your Tools that are very helpfull. I'm trying to use the HTTP JKI REST drivers with an HTTPS website but I need to go trough a Proxy. How is it possible to desribe the PROXY settings with this driver? Thank you by advance.
  21. There appears to be a bug when decoding an empty 2D array using "JKI JSON Serialization.lvlib:Unflatten From JSON String.vi". When the variant that comes out of the Unflatten vi is passed into the Variant to Data vi, it causes an error 91 to be thrown. Looking at the variant produced, the problem appears to be in how the array dimensions are reported in the variant. The variant from the Unflatten From JSON String shows: "[0]" where just taking an empty 2D array and converting it to variant shows: "[0x0]". JSON 2D Array Error.vi
  22. It is about four years later, I'm re-installing EasyXML, and this Example is still broken. The newly-installed Package still has the 4-year-old "wrong" Address, not the "corrected" one listed above. Why not put the "right" address in the Package? When I manually put the corrected address in and tried to run the example, I got "Error 1181 occurred at DataSocket Read in Read RSS Feed.vi. Possible reason: Protocol not recognized by LabVIEW. Can you please do the following: (1) Figure out how to make this example work! (2) Update your Package Repository to include the repaired, working Exmple. Bob Schor
  23. OK, seems like there's a way to manually install the packages without the VIPM. On my W10 machine the VIPM would not start, so I copied from a W7 VIPM to W10 machine manually. As far as I can tell there are two main directories you'll need to copy: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\menus\Categories\JKI Tools This has the MENUS you'll need. Next, there's the VI directory, you may need to open one of the VI's in the package to determine the location of VIs: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\vi.lib\addons\_JKI.lib W10 you gotta love it! It's so efficient.
  24. How about this idea? Could I install the package manually? I mean if I install the package I want on another machine, how hard would it be to install/Copy it from one machine to the other? My home PC has LV2018 with W7. Seems W7 doesn't have a problem running VIPM. Thanks! Doug
  25. Another note, my OLD Windows 7 PC is running the latest version of VIPM with no problems, but, the old W7 Machine is running LV2015 and not LV2018. I'm guessing it's a combination of W10 and/or LV2018 preventing VIPM from running correctly.
  26. I started looking around trying to figure out why VIPM wouldn't start. I found the "Vi Package Manager.ini" file: l tried finding the "Settings.ini" file, nowhere on my computer is there a VIPM\Settings.ini file. Could this missing "Settings.ini" be causing the VIPM to not start up?
  27. Are there any links to older versions of VIPM? Still no luck getting the Free Version to work.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.