All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Last week
  3. Regarding the issue of the not-working account I guess the reason was that VIPM does not accept accounts created here in the discussion forum, nor during previous VIPM free-installs(!?)? When trying to reset the password I did not get any feedback that the e-mail was not recognised, but no password reset response arrived.
  4. There seems to be an issue using VIPM without a sign-in. Starting VIPM 2020 after installing LabVIEW 2020 I chose the free edition and opted not to sign in (as I could not get my user account password, even though I tried with an e-mail address that I verified as used by JKI earlier...a side-issue?) - after doing so VIPM would show the splash screen, close that, but then just sit dead in the background not displaying anything... I tried this repeatedly, eventually manually removing the programdata folder (note that the software happened to be running at the time without me knowing it, and then did not handle the fact that it had files missing there - ending up in an infinite file error loop) and uninstalling-reinstalling it with no effect. The only fix I found was to remove it (and the programdata) again, to get back to the version-selection dialog, and then sign-in with a new account.
  5. Hi Thomas. That’s super cool! Thanks for showing the screenshots. I’m glad to hear how easy that was for you and hope it’s helpful to you and your team. -Jim
  6. Hi, This is not a problem report but more a success story. Well done crew! I heard about caraya when I looked through the talks of VI Week (and I'm still watching videos) and I wanted to give it a go. I've been wanting to try unit testing for a while but the built-in stuff just wasn't doing it for me. We (work) do all our building, releasing and deployment via Azure pipelines so when I heard that caraya can generate JUnit format test results, I jumped straight in and made myself a test pipeline for a new feature we just added to one of our libraries. I downloaded the TDD template, copied the Pre-Build-Action.vi into my project (it needed a bit of fixing) and defined some tests. Once I had the pre-build vi working I looked at the Azure part. I wanted the pipeline to be aware of the test results. All I had to do is to call the Publish Test Results task which takes the results and publishes them to the Azure test repository and bang! Unit testing done. Here are some screenshots And then I added a broken test
  7. Hi i have try to upgrade to last version 1.0.5.196 to my LV2018 on W7 and it crash LV during install. VIPM error message in snapshot. I have downgrade to previous version and all work fine. Regards
  8. I was trying to understand the logic behind this and now that I take a step back, I see. You were trying to prevent people from putting in 2012 instead of 12.0. Makes perfect sense now.
  9. Simply removed the case structure and it seemed to work fine.
  10. I was trying to apply a vipc using the API and it tells me 20.0 isn't a valid LabVIEW version. Digging into I found this: see attached image. Maybe you guys were a little too optimistic about the switch to NXG and figured wed never see 20.0?
  11. Somehow I saw your posted about the error log and somehow skipped over the one about rebooting. That may have worked, but now we will never know (unless someone else ends up with the same problem).
  12. uninstalling and reinstalling via NIPM appeared to work (didn't even reboot in between).
  13. Number 2 would be very useful. Number 1 I haven't run into (yet).
  14. Here is the whole error if that helps: =========== START of VIPM 2020.0.0 (build 2302) Error Message =========== An internal VIPM 2020.0.0 (build 2302) Error has occured on: Friday May 22, 2020 at 10:37:10 PM = Automated Message Start = Error 42 occurred at (http response "404". URL Requested: http://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/labview/lvtn/vipm/packages/austin_consultants_lib_finance_ohlc_plot/aus tin_consultants_lib_finance_ohlc_plot-1.1.0.14.spec) 85294761631CBC58471969C9E99FB95F:2980001 in 34ECF0FD9B9E81860D3E52C65FD0A442->15A1868D1CB3D6176D9B44B0ED323314->C898E814D7E422D8CA4487CB97FA7465 ->OGPM Class.lvlib:0A647C51DBC1AD7225F71A08D470BB08->OGPM Class.lvlib:4CD02F4728B5353B72E37139092E0B05->E1F6385E95370507176402E569A529D7->VIPM Main Window.vi . URL: "http://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/labview/lvtn/vipm/packages/austin_consultants_lib_finance_ohlc_plot/au stin_consultants_lib_finance_ohlc_plot-1.1.0.14.spec". Possible reason(s): LabVIEW: (Hex 0x2A) Generic error. = Automated Message End = = User Defined Message Start = Error downloading package info = User Defined Message End = = Error Handler Call Chain Start = VIPM Main Window.vi-> E1F6385E95370507176402E569A529D7-> OGPM Class.lvlib:4CD02F4728B5353B72E37139092E0B05-> OGPM Class.lvlib:0A647C51DBC1AD7225F71A08D470BB08 = Error Handler Call Chain End = =========== END of VIPM 2020.0.0 (build 2302) Error Message ===========
  15. I am getting a 404 on "http://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/labview/lvtn/vipm/packages/austin_consultants_lib_finance_ohlc_plot/au stin_consultants_lib_finance_ohlc_plot-1.1.0.14.spec". any thoughts as to why?
  16. Great. For what it's worth, a couple things we're considering: 1) Disable/configure the hotkey -- sometimes it pops up with just Ctrl+Space for some reason. 2) Allow pointing to other folders of custom controls.
  17. @Sam Taggart. There are error logs here: C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\error
  18. So VIPM 2020 was working fine for me, but now it is not. When I launch it, the icon appears in the task bar and then it disappears and nothing happens. Any recommendations on troubleshooting steps? perhaps some logs somewhere? I'm on the latest update of Windows 10 if that helps. thanks, Sam
  19. I would mark this as an improvement since in the past it could sometimes take a while for VIPM to refresh everything. I am quite happy with the design palette at the moment, but if I think of anything I will let you know.
  20. Hi LV Gurus, The Parse State Queue Arguments output is an awesome feature I have been using to update the status indicator. Is there a way for this feature to pass through escaped characters (e.g. \n ) so I can properly format the status "LCD" indicator. Currently when I send "Status >> Blah...blah... \n Blah..Blah" the Status LCD literally will display "Blah...blah... \n Blah..Blah" with the escape character printed and no new line. Thanks Guys!
  21. Hello LV Gurus, I have used JSM since release 1.0 (circa LV 2011). I understand the sub-diagram label feature was not yet implemented. Is there a reason why the JSM 2018 still not using sub-diagram labels (like below) since that has been standard in LV for many many years. Thanks guys! Sub-Diagram Labels enabled (lots of manual editing just to clean up those comments) Sub-Diagram Labels not enabled (current 2018 version):
  22. Thank you for posting this! I'll forward it along to NI to take a look into it. Well, only NI can fix LVInternal errors 🤷‍♂️ Still, I'll ping them, since I'm sure they care to know what the issue is.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.