All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hy, the large Settings button has a small visual bug. If the button is off it shows the gear as symbol, but if it is on in shows a black rectangle. Greets Martin
  3. Yesterday
  4. Hi there. Hmmm, there are several possibilities. 1) Remove the external package dependency (in VI Package Builder >> Dependencies setting) You can make a package an *internal* dependency in the VI Package Builder (go to the dependencies page and remove it from the list of dependencies, and then VIPM will transparently build those VIs into your distributed package) 2) If the VIs in that library are kept beneath your VI Package Source Folder, then VI Package Builder should build them into your package. You'll want to be sure they get "namespaced" differently (by renaming the lvlib or putting the lvlib inside another lvlib for your tool) so that the library's VIs don't collide with an installed version of that library on the end user's development machine. 3) Also, I see there are newer versions of this tool available and one is available in VIPM. - Tree-API << this is a VI Package, but I don't think it's hosted on vipm.io - Tree Map << this is the newest and *is* available on vipm.io for installation with VIPM Would upgrading to use the Tree Map work for you? Then you could just make this a dependency that your end users will be able to install.
  5. Hi, I would like to ask question about distributing package with another package which is unpublished. Essentially, we are creating LabVIEW Toolkit which uses an unpublished package https://forums.ni.com/t5/Reference-Design-Content/Dictionary-Library-Key-Value-Pairs/ta-p/3537786?profile.language=en. As far as I know there is no license, so we can include it as subpackage in our toolkit. My question is whether it is possible to somehow include it in VI package build, so that it will install with it?
  6. Last week
  7. Earlier
  8. Hi. I would like to ask, I want to publish one package which I developed recently on VIPM. I want to share this package under some MIT/GPL license, to everybody could use this package free of charge. Is there any way how could VIPM give me some information about users who download this package ? Like the name and email address ? As far as I understand, only way how to get such a information could be through licenses right ? Is there any other information how I could get information about users who download my package ? Thanks for answer.
  9. For information, I recreate the vipb from scratch, and I still have this error 🙁
  10. Thanks Jim. That was exactly what I was looking for.
  11. Hi @felipefoz. You can use the VIPM API to query this.
  12. Hey everyone, Is there a way to obtain programmatically the current Caraya Version running/installed in the system? Regards,
  13. Is the new VIPM API package available? Has this been fixed already?
  14. I am having trouble downloading the VIPM. Is the system down or is it just me? David
  15. I have the same issue: win7, vipm2020.1 free (build 2348). Splash opens and the exe file just stops. Seems to be a file permission error. Running at admin level "solves" the problem. Here is content of error log: =========== START of VIPM 2020.1 (build 2348) Error Message =========== An internal VIPM 2020.1 (build 2348) Error has occured on: tirsdag september 01, 2020 at 02:04:31 = Automated Message Start = Error 8 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in NI_LVConfig.lvlib:Parse Config to Queue.vi->NI_LVConfig.lvlib:Load.vi->NI_LVConfig.lvlib:Open Config Data (compatibility).vi->2BB012A0A2F715EA4309E4782237B925->28AFE781D0BC0A7B124C35AD4B551CD1->A6617873717C E5332D13F9743979A2CE->OGPM Class.lvlib:0BE59AB5C9B652AC6F4C328CD6571CED->OGPM Class.lvlib:C839BCE35732B813D5CFA0E0D72CA9FE->OGPM Class.lvlib:OGPM Init.vi->VIPM Splash.vi Possible reason(s): LabVIEW: (Hex 0x8) File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file. ========================= NI-488: DMA hardware error detected. C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\cache\abcdef_project_filter_and_edit-1.0.16.17.spec = Automated Message End = = User Defined Message Start = Error(s) Generated in Splash Window = User Defined Message End = = Error Handler Call Chain Start = VIPM Splash.vi = Error Handler Call Chain End = =========== END of VIPM 2020.1 (build 2348) Error Message ===========
  16. Nathan, Yes...Run As Admin has been helpful in such situations. Here is an article on how you can setup to always have Run As Admin selected: https://support.vipm.io/hc/en-us/articles/214135663-VIPM-fails-to-launch-after-splash-screen-on-Windows
  17. Running as Admin worked - but that's a nasty workaround that I don't really want to continue having to do. Appreciate any thoughts or if there's any debug info that you want me to share.
  18. Hey all - anyone seen this issue? I installed VIPM 2020 as part of a LabVIEW 2020 installation from NI Package Manager. When I tried to launch VIPM I went through the setup options, selected Free User, and selected to Sign in later. Then VIPM went to the splash screen, the loading bar made it about halfway across, and then the window just closed. No errors, no indication of what might have failed. Thinking it was an installation issue, I downloaded the latest VIPM from JKI.net and tried again - this time I wasn't prompted for what kind of user I was, but the window closed again at the same location. Next, I used the Windows 10 Add or Remove Programs menu to uninstall VIPM, searched in NI Package Manager for VIPM, and used the "Remove" option to uninstall it there too. Rebooted the PC, and tried installing VIPM from the same download from JKI. After reinstalled, rebooted the PC, and saw the same error. GIF attached for reference. I exported a screenshot from the GIF to see which VI was failing. That's attached, too. Any thoughts to how I can get VIPM to launch?
  19. Ok, It was not that hard to backtrack what created the malfunction of JSME: Adding a case structure after the SM case as shown in attached snippet breaks the JSME. The intended purpose is to take a snapshop of the state queue when an error is detected. I will find another way to do this kind of logging which is compatible with JSME. Suggestions are invited. I am curious as to what are actually the requirements for proper function of JSME. Again on the logging side - I have made a small vi which will record the history of the states. Uses a queue and functional global for ease of use. As here placed on the diagram it does not break the JSME. Maybe it is useful to others. State History Recorder - finite depth - FGV.vi
  20. Hi, My design with JKI-sm has evolved into a state where I can no more start the "Jki State Machine Explorer" (JSME) on the project. I assume it is because I have added som changes to the architecture which prevents JSEE to recognize the JKI-sm structure - but I cannot figure out which. It works nicely on a fresh (and empty) design so it is not an installation issue and it has started to appear during the development phase. I use JKIsm version announcing it as 2018 on the while loop rim, (vipm says version 0.7.45), LV2019/64bit but LV2020/64bit behaves the same. What I see is that Right-click on the rim of while loop, case structure or event structure does not show the JSME menu item. Only right-click on the state string enables the JSME menu item for selection but the JSME does not appear, and no errors are shown - just silent Hope to get suggestion on how to fix this as the Jki State Machine, primarily because of the Jki State Machine Explorer, are very useful tools! thanks
  21. Sorry my conclusions are incorrect - please ignore the posting. Reason: The last replacement when going from: (Front) Move_To_Pos >> B; Break >> Off; Goto >> A; Break >> On; (tail) should also obey the "add to tail" to become: (Front) Break >> Off; Goto >> A; Break >> On; Break >> Off; Goto >> B; Break >> On; (tail) which gives the same result as when add to front. Only difference would be seen if there were other items in the queue.
  22. Suppose you have an architecture where states calls sub states to do the details of the action then you have to queue to the front. Example of a motor stage with a break: Top level commands queued are 1) Move_To_Pos >> A 2) Move_To_Pos >> B where state Move_To_Pos (PosArg) issues the actual string of commands or states: Break >> Off Goto >> PosArg Break >> On The initial queue after 1), 2) are queued will be: (Front) Move_To_Pos >> A; Move_To_Pos >> B (tail) which if you use add to front of queue gets expanded to (Front) Break >> Off; Goto >> A; Break >> On; Move_To_Pos >> B (tail) and if using add to tail: (Front) Move_To_Pos >> B; Break >> Off; Goto >> A; Break >> On; (tail) And this gets replaced with (Front) Break >> Off; Goto >> B; Break >> On; Break >> Off; Goto >> A; Break >> On; (tail) As you see the sequence of positions will be B then A and not as the example presumes A then B So for the concept of subroutine-like states to work you have to add to front.
  23. Let me update this thread with new inputs. I've found error logs for the toolkit (I guess this is some new feature). And it says the following: Which network it tries to reach? Could it cause that crash? I have active internet connection, so that should not be a problem...
  24. In case if someone needs download link for VIPM 2019, here it is - http://traffic.libsyn.com/jkinc/vipm-19.0.2029-windows-setup.exe. I've found it in "C:\ProgramData\JKI\VI Package Manager XXX\updates\vipm-update.aiu" file. UPD: VIPM 2018 is accessible by this link - http://traffic.libsyn.com/jkinc/vipm-18.0.2027-windows-setup.exe VIPM 2017: http://traffic.libsyn.com/jkinc/vipm-17.0.2007-windows-setup.exe
  25. Hey! That is indeed a valuable use case in scenarios like yours. It will be good to submit it in VIPM Idea Exchange: https://forums.jki.net/forum/84-vipm-idea-exchange/
  26. Sam, You can get the latest (and greatest) VIPM from https://www.vipm.io/download/ Updates to the NIPM feed....I will have to check status on that.
  27. Hello, Im getting started with the SMO framework and I would like to know when its appropriate to create a Public event vs a Private event. I created both and I see both added to the API folder of the SMO. I can send a message using the public event function as expected but I can do the same thing with the private API function from the same external VI. So my question is, whats the difference? How should I use the private one? Thanks.
  28. JVA

JVA

Hello, I have tried multiple times to sign up for a JKI account but have not received any confirmation email after waiting for half an hour now. I verified I have not received it in my spam/junk folders and that the email is typed correctly. Any idea on why I am not seeing any email? UPDATE: using a personal gmail account worked.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.