All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. It will be helpful if there are examples to learn from. I ran a simple test using GET, but get 401 error: unauthorized, even there is no authorisation required. Thanks
  3. Yesterday
  4. Last week
  5. I'm trying to install OpenG Toolkit to LabVIEW 2015 SP1, but it turns out to the package installed is missing all dependencies. I know the latest OpenG Toolkit version is 4.0.1.9, but the only version I can see in VIPM is 1.0.0.5. Please advise how I can install the latest library with all dependencies. Thank you!
  6. Earlier
  7. I too would be interested in a way to make this work in an automated way. But until then one thing that might help make less steps, is making a VIPC with all the packages you want contained in it. Then on the new machine, after installing all things NI, you can double click that VIPC file, it will open it in VIPM, and ask what version to install them in, and then it installs all the packages at once. It still is a manual process but you don't have to select packages from a list, or be connected to the internet.
  8. Cheers @Jim Kring, lots of challenging problems to solve with LabVIEW 🙂 EasyXML Toolkit is fabulous, I remember there use to be a paid version, it's really nice of JKI to have put it OpenSource on GitHub! If there was a way to donate money to thank the developers, I would!
  9. Hello! I have a minor suggestion for the JKI SM editor - simply the default placement. I believe the text and boxes I added to two screenshots will explain what I mean, and why; in summary, I simply recommend moving the editor widow down and left several pixels so as to not block the VIs minimize-close boxes, the VI's Icon, and part of the VI's slider. Yes, I know you recommend one screen per VI and sliders shouldn't be that important, but some of us are not as clever and efficient coders as JKI folks...;-) Thanks for considering, Randy
  10. Hi @Antoine Chalons. Yes, I can see how layers of nested array/cluster containers can be tricky 🙂 I'm glad you were able to figure it out, and get it working! Hope all is going well for you in general and on your LV projects.
  11. Hello, I'm trying to load data from an XML file, it contains this : <supportedVariation> <objectGroup>0</objectGroup> <variation>1000</variation> <description>Device 1</description> </supportedVariation> <supportedVariation> <objectGroup>1</objectGroup> <variation>2000</variation> <description>Device Attributes 2</description> </supportedVariation> <supportedVariation> <objectGroup>2</objectGroup> <variation>3000/variation> <description>Device 3</description> </supportedVariation> The Array name is supportVariation and the element of the array is a cluster that contains 3 elements (objectGroup (I32), variation (I32) and description (string)). It seems to me that EasyXML can't load this, I hope I'm wrong. In LabVIEW created an Array named "supportVariation" containing a cluster that I named "cluster" that contains my 3 elements objectGroup (I32), variation (I32) and description (string) EasyXML "sees" all the element in the array but doesn't load the value of the cluster elements because the file doesn't contain the cluster name. If I use EasyXML to write the cluster array, the created xml file has the cluster name. Edit : Ha... in fact it works just fine (which is amazing), After some poking and debugging I just found out that I had an extra cluster layer in my control (cluster frames are so thin these days).
  12. In our Company we have about 10 LabVIEW installations an I've used the NI Batch Installer Builder to create a customised LabVIEW installer with VIPM included. I want to install with ervery LabVIEW & VIPM installation the same packages e.g. OpenG Tool's so that not every one have to install it manualy Is it possible to automating the installation of VI Package Manager packages without the VIPM Pro Version? If not, is the VIPM Pro Version on needed on every cpmputer?
  13. able to manually load them, but they don't stay, have to point to the class every time.
  14. same issue, lv2018 sp1, first they didn't show, then they did, after changing the test a bit, stopped showing up
  15. I have a build that crashes LabVIEW with an access violation, and then VIPM gets an error. The build is attached. What the problem is, is that in there is a class, and that class is renamed during the build process adding the suffix "_hooovahh". But in that package is also a demo VI named "Defined Slider Test.vi" which uses a property node on that class. I've found that if I build, with the demo VI having a property node, linked to the existing class name, that during the build a rename takes place and crashes LabVIEW. If I disable the rename it builds properly, and if I enable the rename, but remove the property node in the demo VI, it also builds properly. I also found that if I add this demo VI to the class it renames properly which for now is a fine work around. Can this bug be addressed so that VIPM properly builds and renames the class, while not crashing LabVIEW if a property is linked to the class in another VI? Won't Build With Demo and Rename.zip
  16. Open "Compare to Constant.xnode" with a text editor. Near the bottom, delete the two items "Untitled 4 (SubVI)" and "Untitled 5 (SubVI)" Then it will build.
  17. If your XML file is a LabVIEW library, you can get the icon by using: C:\ ... \National Instruments\LabVIEW xxxx\vi.lib\LabVIEW Icon API\Get Library Icon.vi and C:\ ... \National Instruments\LabVIEW xxxx\vi.lib\LabVIEW Icon API\Get Flattened Image.vi
  18. The period folder is auto generated by VIPM during the build process. This is a temporary location where all files are copied to and processed. During the build this path exists and has the files in it. After the build fails (or finishes) it will cleanup that folder.
  19. I downloaded your .vipm and tried to build. I noticed that in the error message, the file paths are wrong: There's a period in front of "XNode" C:\Users\10115984\Downloads\757905889_XNodesWontBuild\.XNodes\Support\Compare to Constant\Abilities\Bounds.vi There's no period in the actual path, so of course the files aren't found.
  20. Hi, is it a mistake from me ? when I create a public event with de SMO editor, the event is created as private. BR
  21. single step sounds good - and should work in both direction Last/Next Step dynamic state generation - maybe JSON imported State"Objects" (export fct would be nice 2)
  22. I think I may have found a fix for this. I ran a search on the Access Violation string generated by the LabVIEW crash reporter and found this page: https://www.tsxperts.com/forums/topic/ausnahme-access-violation-0xc0000005-bei-eip0x01013310/ In my case I deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\project\Plasmionique and C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\Plasmionique I had already tried removing and renaming some files in an attempt to avoid a possibly long reinstall. None of that worked, but removing the above two folders did. I had not run LabVIEW 2016 for awhile. In that time, my license had been renewed. When VIPM initially started LV, it timed out because I didn't notice the splash screen in the background waiting for me to "Launch" LV. I launched LabVIEW and then repeated the install on VIPM. But this time LabVIEW crashed after the DQMH install started. Not sure if the license renewal had anything to do with the crash. This is the first time I've ever seen anything like this. This is on a bit of a legacy dev machine with multiple versions of LabVIEW living together nicely for a long time. So it's quite relief having it up and running again.
  23. Windows 7, LabVIEW 2016 32 bit, VIPM 2016.0.0 LabVIEW 2016 working before attempting to install DQMH package. VIPM failed to connect to LabVIEW 2016 initially due to re-activate splash screen. On second attempt with LabVIEW 2016 already running, LV 2016 crashed on connection attempt. After that, LV 2016 crashes on every start. I've tried to find any files that may have changed, or some other way of perhaps saving this install of LabVIEW. Is there anything I can look for? Perhaps someone has already experienced this and found a fix.
  24. Can someone from JKI tell me why this package doesn't build? It is relatively simple with no Pre/Post VIs, no file renaming, only a functions palette. But there are some XNodes and they are going into the vi.lib. On attempting to build it gives the following error: During the build I navigated to those folders and they exist and the files are there. If I remove that one XNode and its support files it builds properly. If I add it back with the support files it fails to build. I've tried mass compiling, resaving, and renaming VIs but it still errors. If I delete all other XNodes, and all other support leaving Common and the Compare to Constant, it also fails to build. Any help is appreciated. EDIT: LabVIEW 2018 SP1 F3 32-bit, VIPM 2018 0.0.f2, Windows 7 x64. XNodes Won't Build.zip
  25. Hi, I am building a small automation tool to build packages for my project. As a part of it, i would like to display the VI icon that will be displayed the Functions/control palette. I tried reading the build spec as an XML file, but I am getting only a series of Hex numbers. Could someone suggest me a way to generate the icon which is displayed in the build spec. Thanks, Pranay
  26. You might need to install some extra libraries. See here. I'm not sure about your package manager, but something like: apt-get install libxinerama1:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386
  27. Hi Jim I have a Centos 7 and Labview 2018 installed I install VIPM, however I received the same error as Francesco. I'll try to install the LVRT engine, but I received the following errors (even if it is in italian, it is simpleto understand what happens...) sudo ./INSTALL (or with su privileges, is the same...) Preparazione in corso... ################################# [100%] Aggiornamento / installazinone... 1:labview-2015-rte-15.0.1-11 ################################# [100%] Preparazione in corso... ################################# [100%] Aggiornamento / installazinone... 1:labview-2015-rte-32bit-15.0.1-11 ################################# [100%] Preparazione in corso... ################################# [100%] il pacchetto nisslcerts-18.0.0-3.0.noarch (il quale risulta essere più recente di nisslcerts-15.5.0-3.1.noarch) è già installato Preparazione in corso... ################################# [100%] il pacchetto nissli-18.0.0-f0.i386 (il quale risulta essere più recente di nissli-15.5.0-f1.x86_64) è già installato il pacchetto nissli-18.0.0-f0.x86_64 (il quale risulta essere più recente di nissli-15.5.0-f1.x86_64) è già installato errore: Dipendenze fallite: nissli-32bit < 16.0.0 reso obsoleto da (installato) nissli-18.0.0-f0.i386 nissli-32bit < 16.0.0 reso obsoleto da (installato) nissli-18.0.0-f0.x86_64 errore: Dipendenze fallite: nicurli >= 18.0.0 necessario a (installato) ni-visa-lxi-discovery-18.2.0.49152-0+f0.x86_64 nicurli >= 18.0.0 necessario a (installato) ni-wsrepl-18.1.0.49152-0+f0.x86_64 nicurli >= 18.0.0 necessario a (installato) ni-488.2-sysapi-support-18.0.0.49152-0+f0.x86_64 nicurli >= 18.0.0 necessario a (installato) ni-visa-lxi-discovery-18.2.0.49152-0+f0.x86_64 nicurli >= 18.0.0 necessario a (installato) ni-wsrepl-18.1.0.49152-0+f0.x86_64 nicurli >= 18.0.0 necessario a (installato) ni-488.2-sysapi-support-18.0.0.49152-0+f0.x86_64 errore: Dipendenze fallite: nicurli-32bit < 16.0.0 reso obsoleto da (installato) nicurli-18.0.0-f0.i386 nicurli-32bit < 16.0.0 reso obsoleto da (installato) nicurli-18.0.0-f0.x86_64 errore: Dipendenze fallite: nisvcloc < 18.1.0 reso obsoleto da (installato) ni-service-locator-18.1.0.49152-0+f0.x86_64 Preparazione in corso... ################################# [100%] il pacchetto nitdmsi-18.0.0.49152-f0.i386 (il quale risulta essere più recente di nitdmsi-15.2.0-f0.x86_64) è già installato il pacchetto nitdmsi-18.0.0.49152-f0.x86_64 (il quale risulta essere più recente di nitdmsi-15.2.0-f0.x86_64) è già installato errore: Dipendenze fallite: nitdmsi-32bit < 16.0.0 reso obsoleto da (installato) nitdmsi-18.0.0.49152-f0.i386 Installation completed. and then sudo ./vipm Can't load library /usr/local/lib/liblvrt.so.15.0 libXinerama.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory To download the LabVIEW Runtime engine, go to http://www.ni.com/rteFinder?dest=lvrte&version=15.0&platform=Linux&lang=en what can I have to do? dh
  28. Hi @Naoki. Yes, you can just put the call to "Idle" inside of your sequence of calls, and then the JKI SM will handle the subsequent states after checking for user interface events. There are some considerations, but it's totally possible and works well. Remember to set a Timeout greater than zero (but NOT zero, due to CPU usage concerns!) so that if there are no events, the Timeout frame will execute and your sequence will resume.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.