Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by swalpole

  1. I'm having a problem building a package that contains numerous classes. If I do not rename the classes, then everything works. If I manually check "Enable Renaming" in the Source File Settings for each lvclass in the Package's source, then when I start the build I get the following behavior: 1) The initial steps seem to execute correctly 2) After a few moments into the "Preparing Source Distribution ..." phase, the LabVIEW Getting Started Window closes. 3) If I click on the LabVIEW icon in the Windows taskbar, I see a window "OpenG Builder: VI Package Builder.ogbld" show, but Windows tells me that LabVIEW is not responding. I waited for a while, then closed the OpenG Builder: VI Package Builder.ogbld window and allowed Windows to stop LabVIEW. Then VIPM Builder shows the following error information There was a problem building MGI Menu Building. Error Details: Code: 66 Source: Call By Reference in CE2686EFCF7F45BACD23C8DE52501DA2->26250B1725AED4E833EC38F97E66C870->VIPB_API.BuildAndPackageLibraryFromSpec[Private].vi I'm using VIPM 2012.0.0 Build 1780 I would like to have the distributed lvclass files have a prefix. Any ideas? Thanks, Shawn
  2. I do not have a .vipc file next to the .vipb file. I deleted the file mentioned above from the .vipb of MGI File. When I then opened MGI File, I get the attached dialog. If I press yes, all the settings are deleted. Since you can't reproduce it, I wonder if it is related to my cache. I'm guessing this because I know I removed MGI Application package from VI Package Manager before I started having this problem. Could I delete all the MGI Package-related files from the JKI cache folder? JKI Invalid Signature.bmp
  3. Thanks for the quick response. I've attached the screenshot and the MGI File Package source. JKI Package Builder Dependencies(MGI File).bmp .vipb
  4. I've created several packages that depend on one another. For example, MGI Application Control is a package, and MGI File depends on it. I've gotten into a state where if I go to the "Package Dependencies" section of MGI File I can not edit or delete the MGI Application Control dependency. As near as I can tell, here are the steps I took to get here: 1) Add "MGI Application Control" version as a dependency to "MGI File" package 2) Uninstall "MGI Application Control" from VI Package Manager. 3) Remove "MGI Application Control" from VI Package Manager. 4) Delete the .vipb file that corresponds to "MGI Application Control". 5) Launch VI Package Builder and open the MGI Application Control source folder 6) Recreate the MGI Application Control package as version 7) Build MGI Application Control with VI Package Builder 8) Install MGI Application Control with VI Package Manager 9) Open the "MGI File" package in VI Package Builder 10) Go to the Package Dependencies section 11) Select the "MGI Application Control" item and press the "Remove Dependency" button 12) A dialog appears asking for confirmation of the removal. Press "Remove Depndencies" 13) The MGI Application Control" item dims momentarily, then reappears. I expected the dependency to be deleted at this point. 14) I can also edit the dependency but any edits are ignored. 15) Adding a dependency and selecting the new "MGI Application Control" version does not work. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help in how to fix the current package and avoid getting into this position in the future will be appreciated. Thanks, Shawn
  5. Hi, I ran into a problem building a package in LabVIEW 8.2.1f4. I reverted back to LabVIEW 8.2.1 (removing the NI patch) and the package built fine. I tried multiple package source directories and all of them seemed to have the same problem. I've attached the error message, and I plan on not using the 8.2.1f4 patch in the future. Thanks, Shawn VIPM libraryn error.bmp
  6. I am using VI Package Mananger community edition 2010.0.1 (build 1581). I get a LabVIEW dialog with the following error message: LabVIEW: Memory is full. The top-level VI "VIPB.lvclass:VIPB - Main Window (Mike).vi" was stopped at unknown on the block diagram of "ZLIB Inflate__otk.vi". Here are the steps I take to reproduce this: 1) Launch VI Package Manager 2) Click the "Show VI Package Builder" button 3) In VI Package Builder, click the "Open Package Project" button 4) Navigate to a folder containing an XControl (or a parent folder) and click "Current Folder" 5) When Scanning Project Folder..." text appears in bottom left of VI Package Builder, the "LabVIEW: Memory is full." error window appears. Clicking OK results in the VI Package Builder VI stopping. I've attached the source code for the XControl (LabVIEW 8.2). I have not tried using a later version of LabVIEW. Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks, Shawn Walpole XControl Source.zip
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.