Jump to content

David_L

Members
  • Content count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

David_L last won the day on June 20 2012

David_L had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2 Neutral
  1. Hello JKI, I wanted to follow up on this issue as it seems that Deactivation still does not work when Binding a license in VIPM Pro. When a product uses this feature in VIPM, and a customer tries to deactivate, they are given an error "Unknown Error". This error is not given if a developer uses the "add-on Licensing Tool" inside LabVIEW and doesn't bind a license during build time. Here is how to reproduce the problem: Install TPLAT from VIPM: vipm://ni_lib_tplat License an LVLIB using TPLAT Standard Mode (Tools > Add-on Licensing Tool) Delete the licensed source code, but keep the .lf file that was created Create a VIPM build spec with the unlicensed lvlib Enable "Bind License to Library at Build Time" in "Licensing and Activation tab. Enable deactivation and use the credentials as described in your help document (http://jkisoft.com/vipm/docs/2014/index.html?turl=licensingactivation.htm) Build package Install Package on test machine Create a test license in SOLO server for the product Activate the product in LabVIEW with test license Deactivate the product in LabVIEW and receive an "UNKNOWN ERROR!" Has there been any investigation into this issue and is there any timeline for resolving it? Please let me know if you need any information from our side. Thanks for your help, David
  2. Ya, that is probably a good path to go down. I do something somewhat similar with an obsoleted package (Third Party Licensing & Activation Toolkit Run Time) on the Tools Network. If someone tries installing the newest version from scratch or upgrading to it from an earlier version, it throws an error with instructions on how to get the proper new installer. Good luck,
  3. Glad to be of service I see. I thought you meant you wanted a control terminal to be placed. Looks like VIPM just yells at you if you try to select a ctl. Looks like an Idea Exchange request to me... --David
  4. 1. The System package contains any files that install outside of the LabVIEW folder. I don't think there is a way to combine them, short of not installing any files outside of the LabVIEW directory (See bullet number 5 below) 2a. Since I assume that your VIs and such are in libraries, can you change the name of the library to something like "Actor Framework (web).lvlib"? This would avoid namespace conflicts, however might cause upgrade problems for people going from 4.0 to 4.1. 2b. Not sure about this offhand so I defer to others. 3. Not that I know of, but you can't really do this in the LabVIEW Menu editor either. 4. I think the problem with this approach will be that AFBlocker will install with each flavor of Actor Framework, but won't automatically uninstall when you remove the current flavor of AF. So the common use-case might be 1) Install AF-A, AF Blocker gets installed. 1) Unisntall AF-A, AFBlocker remains. 3) Install AF-B and get an error saying it's not compatible. 4) Be confused. Also, if AF-A and AFBlocker are installed and the user gets a message that AF-B is not compatible with AFBlocker, they may just uninstall AFBlocker ad leave AF-A causing cross-link problems. However, is it a good assumption that anyone installing any of the flavors of AF will be fairly competent LabVIEW developers? If so you might just have a disclaimer on each document saying that these are not compatible with each other and having them installed side-by-side will cause problems. This might be good enough for the general use-case. 5. We tell all toolkits that install to the LabVIEW Tools Network to install their examples into a directory in LabVIEW\Examples. You can also add a create a bin3 file in LabVIEW\Examples\exbin so that theyshow up in the example finder. Doing this may also resolve problem #1.
  5. Fair enough, at least I'm not crazy. Thanks for clarifying.
  6. Hey all, I wanted to bring to your attention a strange behavior I discovered in the newest release of VIPM (2010.0.2). When installing some packages (I think it applies to packages that have a Post Install action) VIPM will open up a Blank Untitled VI in whichever version of LabVIEW you are installing to. I discovered this with a customer's package at first and thought there was something configured incorrectly. Then when I discovered the same behavior with the OpenG library I figured it was something bigger. I replicated the same problem multiple times on the same computer as well as 3 different computers just to make sure I wasn't completely crazy. Steps to reproduce 1. Install latest version of VIPM 2. Install OpenG library 3. Serve and Enjoy Let me know if this is a bug or something that I'm doing wrong. Or if I am in fact, just completely crazy. Thanks, --David
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.