VI server port error

booth

Hello,

I tried to configure VIPM (2.0.3) with LabView 8.0. The problem is: In the moment I start the VIPM the TCP/IP port entered in Labview is in use and Labview fires an "VI server port already in use" error messages during start up. The connection test to Labview thus fails. It doesn't matter which port I choose. Problem happens even if the firewall, system services etc. are deactivated.

If the auto-configure Labview option is deactivated the error messages usually doesn't (but still sometimes) appear. However, a communication between VIPM and LabView is still not possible.

Any suggestion?

Hello,

I tried to configure VIPM (2.0.3) with LabView 8.0. The problem is: In the moment I start the VIPM the TCP/IP port entered in Labview is in use and Labview fires an "VI server port already in use" error messages during start up. The connection test to Labview thus fails. It doesn't matter which port I choose. Problem happens even if the firewall, system services etc. are deactivated.

If the auto-configure Labview option is deactivated the error messages usually doesn't (but still sometimes) appear. However, a communication between VIPM and LabView is still not possible.

Any suggestion?

Hi There,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles.

I have a few questions that might help us figure out what's wrong:

• Which TCP-IP port is LabVIEW configured to use for VI Server?

• If VIPM is not already running when you launch LabVIEW 8.0, does LabVIEW show the "VI server port already in use" error message after it is launched?

Based on your answers, I might have some follow-up questions. Hopefully, we can get you up and running :)

Thanks,

-Jim

• 7 months later...
Hi There,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles.

I have a few questions that might help us figure out what's wrong:

• Which TCP-IP port is LabVIEW configured to use for VI Server?

• If VIPM is not already running when you launch LabVIEW 8.0, does LabVIEW show the "VI server port already in use" error message after it is launched?

Based on your answers, I might have some follow-up questions. Hopefully, we can get you up and running :)

Thanks,

-Jim

Hello, I'm having the almost the same problem, I checked configuration of LabView (8.6.1, in my case) over and over and also de VIPM configuration and found no errors. VIPM is able to start up LabView but it fails to communicate.

Did you get to a solution?

thanks,

Luiz.

Hello, I'm having the almost the same problem, I checked configuration of LabView (8.6.1, in my case) over and over and also de VIPM configuration and found no errors. VIPM is able to start up LabView but it fails to communicate.

Did you get to a solution?

thanks,

Luiz.

Hello, I just found the solution on: http://forums.jkisoft.com/index.php?showtopic=1028

Thanks anyway,

Luiz.

Archived