problem with installation on mac

Bee

i can't instal vipm on mac (LV8.2)

i tried on an intel machine and a powerpc

I get the following message :

------------

Error 7 occurred at Move in 8F2AAF8E2B66BD96956E6A85ECF921FE->Setup.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux.

---

LabVIEW: File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on UNIX.

--------------

in fact, after dezipping the archive in the temp folder, the installer seems to be unable to see the uncompressed folder...

any idea ?

I've very sorry that you're having installation issues. Hopefully we can get VIPM installed for you.

We have noticed that, on some Mac machines, the self-extracting installer is having trouble during the self-extration step. This is the error you are seeing. However, we have found that tring to run the installer again will usually work. Some users have had to retry running the installer up to five times before the self-extraction worked. If you can, please retry running the installer a few times and see if you are able to get VIPM installed. If you are still having problems, we can send you an installer (non-self-extracting) that will work without problems.

Thank you for your patience.

-Jim Kring

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same problem with vipm-1.0.0.422-rc4-macosx.app Tried reinstalling 6x - still getting

Error 7 occurred at Move in 8F2AAF8E2B66BD96956E6A85ECF921FE->Setup.vi

Can you send the other installer?

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Yes, I'll send this ASAP.

Thank you,

-Jim Kring

• 3 months later...

I've also been having problems installing on my mac.

I was able to get the sitx file uncompressed after updating stuffit expander to the latest version. When I run the Install VIPM program, I get an error that it is the wrong OS.

post-423-1174336799.png

Then I remembered that I needed to be logged in as Administrator to run the installer. So I tried that but I get an error at OGC Wizard Installer. A parameter is invalid. Is this because I've installed LabVIEW and the LVRT while logged in as my non-Admin account?

post-423-1174336824.png

Thanks much,

Tim

Hi Jim,

It's a Power PC.(12" Powerbook G4) I have LabVIEW 8.20 installed.

I tried to bypass the installer and just copy everything to my applications directory. This seemed to work OK when I was logged in as Administrator, but does not work when I log in to my regular account..."You cannot open the application because it may be damaged or broken"...

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the trouble. Are you installing on an x86 Mac (vs PPC)? I'm not really sure of the problem. Any info that you can give about which versions of CPU type and LabVIEW version you are using will help.

Thanks,

-JIm

Hi Jim,

It's a Power PC.(12" Powerbook G4) I have LabVIEW 8.20 installed.

I tried to bypass the installer and just copy everything to my applications directory. This seemed to work OK when I was logged in as Administrator, but does not work when I log in to my regular account..."You cannot open the application because it may be damaged or broken"...

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reporting this. We will work to reproduce this issue and find a fix.

Thank you,

-Jim

Archived