VI Tester Palette unpopulated after install

hfettig

Hi folks,

This was fixed by uninstalling and re-installing VI Tester but you might still want to know.

Could be a palette refresh problem.

After I installed VI Tester for the first time I did get the palettes for VI Tester but the only things populated were the sub palettes.

EmptyPalette.png

I un-installed and re-installed and now it works fine. Maybe the palette refresh was called too early?

Cheers,

Heiko

After I installed VI Tester for the first time I did get the palettes for VI Tester but the only things populated were the sub palettes.

This is strange, we'll look into this but so far haven't seen this happen internally. Was this the same (8.6) installation that had the mass compile issue you reported?

I un-installed and re-installed and now it works fine. Maybe the palette refresh was called too early?

I'm glad you were able to get up and running! Let us know if you find any other issues!

Thanks,

Omar

• 2 weeks later...
Update: We were able to reproduce this problem, but we're still looking into what happened. We still haven't reproduced the mass compile dialog issue.

Although you are on this one, I thought I would mention that the empty palettes happen on my install as well (LV8.5, VIPM 2.0.3).

Regards

I have no idea why this is happening, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that the VIs are members of classes and need to be saved (recompiled) in the newer version of LabVIEW. I've seen this issue, too, but I don't have the exact steps to reproduce.

Additional Info: I mass compiled the VI Test Folder and upon restarting LabVIEW the palettes were refreshed.

(I did not uninstall/reinstall like hfettig did to solve it)

Regards

JG

Additional Info: I mass compiled the VI Test Folder and upon restarting LabVIEW the palettes were refreshed.

(I did not uninstall/reinstall like hfettig did to solve it)

Thanks for the info. You can mass compile the code easily by simply opening the VI Tester GUI -- it will then mass compile all of the VI Tester code. If you then restart LabVIEW as suggested, the palettes should be refreshed as you point out here. We will continue to look into this issue.

Thanks for the info. You can mass compile the code easily by simply opening the VI Tester GUI -- it will then mass compile all of the VI Tester code. If you then restart LabVIEW as suggested, the palettes should be refreshed as you point out here. We will continue to look into this issue.

Thanks Omar, I wanted to confirm the mass compile fixed the palettes so I did it manually. After that I tested 3 other installs and the automatic mass compile solved the issue as mentioned above.

Regards

JG

Archived