Trying to install on Ubuntu (KDE)

M_Peeker

Hi!

Please don't ask why, but I'm trying to install the Package Manager on Ubuntu (KDE), but it's not going well. Now, just to make sure I'm not trying something that's deemed impossible or finding solutions to already solved problems, I thought I'd ask this community if this has been done?

My current problem seem to be rather Linux specific, but I'm not really fluent in the Linux world so I wouldn't really know. However, trying to run vipm-2.0.3-linux results in

Can't load LabVIEW runtime library /usr/local/lib/LabVIEW-8.2/liblvrt.so.8.2

/usr/local/lib/LabVIEW-8.2/linux/libOSMesa.so.4: undefined symbol: _glapi_Context

Any ideas, anyone?

//Martin

My current problem seem to be rather Linux specific, but I'm not really fluent in the Linux world so I wouldn't really know. However, trying to run vipm-2.0.3-linux results in

/usr/local/lib/LabVIEW-8.2/linux/libOSMesa.so.4: undefined symbol: _glapi_Context

Any ideas, anyone?

I have a simple question, do you have the LabVIEW 8.2 Runtime engine installed?

Hi!

Please don't ask why, but I'm trying to install the Package Manager on Ubuntu (KDE), but it's not going well. Now, just to make sure I'm not trying something that's deemed impossible or finding solutions to already solved problems, I thought I'd ask this community if this has been done?

Any ideas, anyone?

//Martin

Hi Martin,

You should take a look at these posts on the NI forums:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...ssage.id=369135

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...ssage.id=202130

It might provide some insight.

Also, this is an issue that NI's tech support can help you with, since it's an issue with LabVIEW executable applications running in the run-time environment -- it's not a VIPM issue, per se.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived