Can't install dynamicpalette package

Richard

Hi,

I have successfully installed vipm 2.0.3 (build 1014) on centos with labview 8.5 after working around the known permission problems (also tried with Ubuntu 8.10 with same result).

I can install all the packages except for dynamicpalette and also picture3d, lvzip, birds_eye_view, html_help_common.

When I try to install them it connects to labview, extracts a bunch of files and then the status bar simply responds 'Ready...' though the icon has not changed to indicate the package is installed and back in labview I don't have the dynamic palette functionality which means I have to tediously add the openg functions to the palette manually.

The error log indicates an error 7 occurred at get file size in the VIPM main window, possible reason file not found.

Thanks in advance

--

Richard

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience.

The "error 7 occurred at get file size" is actually a false error message. It's a downstream error that is masking the real error.

The error you're encountering is due to the fact that VIPM is having trouble executing a "script VIs" inside the package. In order for VIPM to be able to execute script VIs, you should make sure to set up your VI Server permissions.

Please read this FAQ entry and see if configuring VI Server correctly helps with your problem:

http://forums.jkisoft.com/index.php?showtopic=232

Please report back and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

-Jim

• 2 months later...

I am having exactly the same issue (Fedora8 + LabVIEW8.5).

Did you come up with a solution eventually???

Many thanks,

Fraser

Dump out of the error;

========= START of VIPM Error Message =========

An internal VIPM Error has occured on: Saturday April 25, 2009 at 04:18:08 PM

= Automated Message Start =

Error 7 occurred at Get File Size in

179C4B83ABA1064362020813817DB8B5.lvlib:7734C96F08F3926DF34983DA1B56D354->179C4B83ABA1064362020813817

DB8B5.lvlib:EA8084745D26072B152728A52407A64C->179C4B83ABA1064362020813817DB8B5.lvlib:13367D38B392068

5B294751893E04624->79DB56B455840F26E4C53234B4284FB6->VIPM Main Window.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be

incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, :

on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file

explorer.

= Automated Message End =

= Call Chain Start =

VIPM Main Window.vi

= Call Chain End =

========= END of VIPM Error Message =========

I am having exactly the same issue (Fedora8 + LabVIEW8.5).

Did you come up with a solution eventually???

Many thanks,

Fraser

Hi Fraser,

Did you try my suggestion, below?

Thanks,

-Jim

The "error 7 occurred at get file size" is actually a false error message. It's a downstream error that is masking the real error.

The error you're encountering is due to the fact that VIPM is having trouble executing a "script VIs" inside the package. In order for VIPM to be able to execute script VIs, you should make sure to set up your VI Server permissions.

Please read this FAQ entry and see if configuring VI Server correctly helps with your problem:

http://forums.jkisoft.com/index.php?showtopic=232

Please report back and let me know if this helps.

Archived