VIPM could not connect to LabVIEW 8.6

eric

I'm using the latest version of VIPM (2.0.3) and two versions of LabVIEW (8.5.1 and 8.6.1). VIPM will connect to v8.5 ok, but is unable to connect to v8.6. I always get the error message "VIPM could not connect to LabVIEW 8.6".

I followed the help, and verified that the VI Server Configuration settings are correct and that the VI Server Machine Access includes my IP address. I also tried the following without success:

1) Added "localhost" to VI Server Machine Access

2) Changed v8.6's TCP/IP port so that it wasn't the same as v8.5's

3) Disabled my firewall

Any other ideas?

Hi Eric,

Yesterday, another VIPM user had trouble after upgrading from 8.6 to 8.6.1. For some reason this adjusted the Exported VI list. Please see here (the last step of the instructions) for more info:

Please let me know if this works or if you still need more troubleshooting help.

Thanks,

-Jim

Jim,

The problem your customers are seeing is due to a bug in the installer for th LabVIEW Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit as mentioned in this NI Knowledgebase entry.

Kennon

Hi Kennon,

Thanks for the info about this. That's a big help and it's nice to know that (1) it's not an issue with VIPM, (2) it's not affecting all LabVIEW users who upgrade, and (3) it's been fixed (in a future release).

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived