Vipm-package installation error

Arne

First of all: VI Package Manager (prof) is a great program... :)

I haven´t found anything on the following issue (maybe it´s not a bug - just an issue for the feature list?)

When installing a vip-package, build with VIPM (prof) on a machine with English XP, on a machine with Swedish XP, the installation is made to:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\...

but on the Swedish XP LabVIEW is installed on:

C:\Program\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\...

so my packages simply don´t show up in the LabVIEW palettes.

I have choosen in VIPM/Advanced build parameters/installation location

and there C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\menus\Categories as MNU installation folder

in my English XP (where I have built the packages) and I suppose this is the answer for my problem.

It would be nice if VIPM could do the C:\Program\... or C:\Program files\... check before installation... even if I choose

/arne

Hi Arne,

First, I apologize since this might be hard for us to debug without a Swedish Windows XP for us to test.

And, thanks for the kind words -- we're happy that you like VIPM :)

Can you please create a new VI Package with just a few dummy/test VIs and post it here for us to examine? I'd like to know if the problem is in the VI Package (specifying where to install the package) or in VIPM (in interpreting where to install the package).

Also, in addition to posting the VI Package, can you also zip up and post the entire VI Package Source folder (including the .vipb file)?

Thanks,

-Jim

Hi Jim

Strange things are happening over here...

Here is the test package I have build on my "english XP"-machine, there is one problem, though - it doesn´t work... :) It is impossible to install the package on any machine. It shows up as a member of the VI Packager Library but the installation failes (nothing happens..)

Have you made som changes to "Installation Locations" in some of the newer versions?

The "Functions Palette MNU Installaton folder "autoupdated" from my original:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\menus\Categories

to

\Categories

(and the same thing happened for Controls).

/arne

arne_lib_test_toolkit_for_jki_1.0.0_1.vip

test_toolkit_for_jki.zip

Hi Arne,

Can you please try something?

In your destinations:

change..

\Categories

to...

\menus\Categories

Also, change...

\Controls

to...

\menus\Controls

Then rebuild your packages. I think that this should fix the installation issues. Please let me know.

Thanks,

-Jim

Hi Jim

Great work... :)

Everything is working as expected. Both on the Swedish XP and on the English XP.

Thank you

/arne

Hi Arne,

That's great news!

I think I know what the problem/bug is. I'll file a bug for it and report back here with a known issue link.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived