Build Hook Info

I saw in the archive that the extension of Hook attributes is being expanded, but for the time being, is there any recommended workaround to getting some extra info post/pre-build?

An intermediate file that we can investigate?

Do you have anything specific you are looking for? What would you like to do?

A key piece that is missing for us is to associate a build w/ the current versions of the files in SCC.

We're using P4 and the way that we'll overcome this is to, via a post build hook, make a P4 label w/ all the files in the build under SCC.

But somehow I need to name this new label, and preferably it would be based off of the package name and version.

So the idea is build a package->make a label.

A key piece that is missing for us is to associate a build w/ the current versions of the files in SCC.

We're using P4 and the way that we'll overcome this is to, via a post build hook, make a P4 label w/ all the files in the build under SCC.

But somehow I need to name this new label, and preferably it would be based off of the package name and version.

So the idea is build a package->make a label.

Hi Norm,

I think it's a great idea to add Package Name and Version to the parameters passed into the build hooks.

You should be able to parse these parameters from the "Output Package File Path", which is accessible in the post-build hook parameters. Would that work for you, in the short term?

I think it's a great idea to add Package Name and Version to the parameters passed into the build hooks.

PS: build hooks kick ass! We use the location to get everything we need to do a bunch of stuff, including automated documenation generation that gets built into the package and then linked to individual VIs. Thanks for exposing the functionality JKI ;)

Archived