On Error of Failing Test Show Error in VI Tester

benhysell

When a test fails where it should have passed, (i.e. I actually have an error)I would like to have the error code and source displayed in the text output at the bottom of VI Tester.

If these elements were available here I could easily take the error output for the tests and share them with my development team instead of opening up each failing test and viewing the 'error out'.

When a test fails where it should have passed, (i.e. I actually have an error)I would like to have the error code and source displayed in the text output at the bottom of VI Tester.

If these elements were available here I could easily take the error output for the tests and share them with my development team instead of opening up each failing test and viewing the 'error out'.

The text output at bottom of VI Tester is only to give you some kind of instant feedback as to what VI Tester is doing, so I don't think keeping track of the errors there would be a very great option. You can get all of this information by looking at the Errors tab. Would an 'Errors' report file do what you really want?

Error's tab eh? Doh.

The 'Failures' tab didn't hit me in the face as something to go look at for failures. Switching from the main screen to a new tab to view the errors didn't fit into my work flow. I'll be modifying my work flow for VI Tester

The 'Failures' tab is going to work fine, is there any way to format the text into something a little nicer/easier to read? Right now the error text goes off screen, the only way to read the whole error is to mouse over the text.

The 'Failures' tab didn't hit me in the face as something to go look at for failures. Switching from the main screen to a new tab to view the errors didn't fit into my work flow. I'll be modifying my work flow for VI Tester

Let us know if you uncover new issues related to this tab. One 'potential' issue that I know of so will just warn you about -- the 'Failures' tab is currently updated based on your 'last' test execution status. So if you have 5 errors, fix one and run just that test, the other 4 will go away until you re-run the bigger sequence. Its something that needs to be resolved and is on our internal roadmap.

On the positive side, from the Failures tab you can double click the result and it will pop the failure VI open. You can also use the 'Run selected test' option from the failures tab.

The 'Failures' tab is going to work fine, is there any way to format the text into something a little nicer/easier to read? Right now the error text goes off screen, the only way to read the whole error is to mouse over the text.

That's a good idea. I don't see why we can't format the text better.

Archived