Richard

registry.lib problem

I am trying the XML toolkit, running on labview 8.5 on centos.

When I put a new XML block onto the diagram it fails as it can't find various vi's from registry.lib. Ignoring this however, it seems to work fine and should suit my needs. Obviously on linux there is no registry, I am guessing that the registry is accessed to store the licensing information. So when I buy the full version will this problem go away?

I am trying the XML toolkit, running on labview 8.5 on centos.

When I put a new XML block onto the diagram it fails as it can't find various vi's from registry.lib. Ignoring this however, it seems to work fine and should suit my needs. Obviously on linux there is no registry, I am guessing that the registry is accessed to store the licensing information. So when I buy the full version will this problem go away?

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure why opening EasyXML causes LabVIEW to look for registry VIs. If you do a Save All, does it do this again, the next time you open EasyXML?

Thanks,

-Jim

Thanks for the quick reply Jim.

I think this may be a permission problem. The solution was to start labview as root, open the easyXML vi, ignoring all errors about the registry vi's, then save all.

Now it seems to work fine as a regular user.