Close VIs dialog while building: nothing open

Possible issue: I had mixed LV version files in the lib folder (8.5, one 8.6 file). When I removed the 8.6 file, it worked.

If this is expected behavior, maybe update the error message?

While trying to build a small vipm, I get the "all source files must be closed" box, continuously.

I cleared my clipboard, and everything else is closed.

Any ideas?

While trying to build a small vipm, I get the "all source files must be closed" box, continuously.

I cleared my clipboard, and everything else is closed.

Any ideas?

I've experienced that - in my case, I had some vis (and ctls, oops) that were not under the directory in which I was trying to build a package. I was packaging up some old code, and didn't realize it reached out to so many other directories.

Good Luck!

Just so you both know, this dialog is a little misleading.

It actually catches a few problems, but doesn't report them well.

It catches the following problem situations:

• VI Package Source VIs in memory before the build starts
  • Duplicate VIs in the VI Package Source Folder
  • Cross linkages to VIs outside your VI Package Source Folder with the same name as VIs inside your VI Package Source Folder

In the next version of VIPM, you'll find that this dialog is better in a couple ways:

• It will tell you which VIs have a problem
  • It will tell you what the problem is

For now, hopefully the above information is useful to you, in trying to figure out which problem is causing the dialog to show.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
Just so you both know, this dialog is a little misleading.

It actually catches a few problems, but doesn't report them well.

It catches the following problem situations:

• VI Package Source VIs in memory before the build starts
  • Duplicate VIs in the VI Package Source Folder
  • Cross linkages to VIs outside your VI Package Source Folder with the same name as VIs inside your VI Package Source Folder

In the next version of VIPM, you'll find that this dialog is better in a couple ways:

• It will tell you which VIs have a problem
  • It will tell you what the problem is

For now, hopefully the above information is useful to you, in trying to figure out which problem is causing the dialog to show.

Thanks!

One more problem that can cause this dialog is when VIs in your VI Package Source Folder call VIs outside your VI Package Source Folder that, in turn, call VIs inside your VI Package Source Folder. The reason why this causes problems is a little complicated, but the solution is to avoid such circular dependencies.

Archived