Installing custom packages into exisitng subpalettes

crelf

Sorry - this is kind-of a repost: I swear I posted on this topic previously, but I can't find it (may it was in a previous beta subforum that's now closed). I'd like to be able to install packages into existing palettes. For example, I'd like my array package to install into the programming->array subpalette in LabVIEW. This would be a huge usabiliy improvement IMHO as it'd mean one less place for software engineers to have to remember to look for stuff (ie: at the moment, the process is look in standard LabVIEW palette - if you don't find it there, look in OpenG palette - if you don't find it there, look in internal reuse palette). I'd like both OpenG and my internal reuse package to both appear in the LabVIEW array palette.

• 1 month later...
Sorry - this is kind-of a repost: I swear I posted on this topic previously, but I can't find it (may it was in a previous beta subforum that's now closed). I'd like to be able to install packages into existing palettes. For example, I'd like my array package to install into the programming->array subpalette in LabVIEW. This would be a huge usabiliy improvement IMHO as it'd mean one less place for software engineers to have to remember to look for stuff (ie: at the moment, the process is look in standard LabVIEW palette - if you don't find it there, look in OpenG palette - if you don't find it there, look in internal reuse palette). I'd like both OpenG and my internal reuse package to both appear in the LabVIEW array palette.

Cool idea. +1 from me.

Marc

Yep, great idea. +1

Archived