Package Version

One of our engineers made an observation that I hadn't noticed. He said that the release number in a package version number cannot be changed. For example the package jki_lib_state_machine is version 2.0.0-1 but when we make package it only has the option to set the Major, Minor, and Fix version number, and the release is always 1. Is this by design? Is there a way to change this that I'm unaware of?

One of our engineers made an observation that I hadn't noticed. He said that the release number in a package version number cannot be changed. For example the package jki_lib_state_machine is version 2.0.0-1 but when we make package it only has the option to set the Major, Minor, and Fix version number, and the release is always 1. Is this by design? Is there a way to change this that I'm unaware of?

This is by design -- the "Revision" number was (a long while ago) intended to signify that the package contents had not changed, but the item had been repackaged. We decided not to expose this to users. We're considering adding support for a build number in a future release.

Archived