Fresh install - Mirrors list empty

Daklu

I installed VIPM on new computer (Vista) but the mirrors list is empty. Refreshing the mirrors list results in "You mirror list is up to date. Nothing has changed." I had this happen once before over a year ago and I resolved it by copying the mirror list from another computer. Unfortunately I don't have another computer with VIPM installed on it available here.

I tried adding the first five mirror names found here, but that gave me an error. (Error file attached.) I'm guessing I didn't format the mirror information correctly. Can you tell me what format the mirror list should be in?

June_09_2009.txt

I installed VIPM on new computer (Vista) but the mirrors list is empty. Refreshing the mirrors list results in "You mirror list is up to date. Nothing has changed." I had this happen once before over a year ago and I resolved it by copying the mirror list from another computer. Unfortunately I don't have another computer with VIPM installed on it available here.

I tried adding the first five mirror names found here, but that gave me an error. (Error file attached.) I'm guessing I didn't format the mirror information correctly. Can you tell me what format the mirror list should be in?

June_09_2009.txt

It seems (from your error log file) that you're having some TCP issues. Do you have a proxy server configured?

Thanks,

It seems (from your error log file) that you're having some TCP issues. Do you have a proxy server configured?

Thanks,

Nope, no proxy server. Network issues are outside of my area of knowledge so I'm just shooting in the dark. I copied over a mirror list from another computer and can't get packages. Unblocking VIPM in the firewall settings didn't help.

The error log says "The network address is ill-formed." I ran an ipconfig and noticed some IPv6 settings. Could that have something to do with it?

post-2450-1244726778.jpg

Can you ping jkisoft.com from the command line?

ping jkisoft.com

Can you telnet in to port 80 from the command line?

telnet jkisoft.com 80

(after you connect, type a few characters and then press and you should see a bunch of HTML output)

Can you open a TCP connection to jkisoft.com on port 80 from within LabVIEW, using the TCP open connection function (see the example VI below)?

Test_TCP_Connect_to_JKI.vi

1.png

Problem solved... it was completely my fault. Apparently there is a small app that needs to be installed on computers to be able to make certain connections outside of the corporate network.

Thanks for the help! (Feels good to have OpenG again...)

Problem solved... it was completely my fault. Apparently there is a small app that needs to be installed on computers to be able to make certain connections outside of the corporate network.

Thanks for the help! (Feels good to have OpenG again...)

That's great news. Happy to help.

Archived