Marc Blumentritt

Option for creating a second packages with removed block diagrams

Hi,

I use VIPM now for about a month and have build quite a lot of packages. Of course I want to share these with my colleagues, but my customers should not get the full code. We often have projects, where we sell our customers the source code, but this does not include our company library. Therefore it would be nice, if I could build from one spec file two packages, one with and one without block diagrams. In this way I could give my packages (and the VIPM installer) to my customers and protect the IP of my company.

Of course I know, that I could build a Hook VI, which removes the block diagrams for me. But then I have to change my spec file everytime I want to build a package with or without block diagrams, which is quite tedious.

Regards,

Marc

Hi,

I use VIPM now for about a month and have build quite a lot of packages. Of course I want to share these with my colleagues, but my customers should not get the full code. We often have projects, where we sell our customers the source code, but this does not include our company library. Therefore it would be nice, if I could build from one spec file two packages, one with and one without block diagrams. In this way I could give my packages (and the VIPM installer) to my customers and protect the IP of my company.

Of course I know, that I could build a Hook VI, which removes the block diagrams for me. But then I have to change my spec file everytime I want to build a package with or without block diagrams, which is quite tedious.

Regards,

Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the great feedback. I'm happy to hear that you're building a lot of packages!

This is something that we're currently evaluating internally at JKI. You might notice that JKI delivers some of its own packages in both demo and paid versions. We have internal tools for doing this, but they're not part of the product. When we get to a point where we're ready to start testing, we'll be sure to let you know -- we'd love to have your feedback.

Thanks,

-Jim

This is something that we're currently evaluating internally at JKI. You might notice that JKI delivers some of its own packages in both demo and paid versions. We have internal tools for doing this, but they're not part of the product. When we get to a point where we're ready to start testing, we'll be sure to let you know -- we'd love to have your feedback.

I would be happy to test this.

Marc

I'm also looking forward to test this!