Proxy server Passwor Changed

van18

My community edition has expired and the only viable options available in the Dialog is to update VIPM, but it says it can not connect, and the result is I can not launch VIPM. I have had this problem before and you resolved it in the past. I have a little bit more info for you this time, I am forced to change my Proxy Password on a monthly basis, which just happened to be today. I think the result is my proxy settings in the VIPM are now incorrect, but I can't get into the VIPM to change them. This is a bit of a conumdrum; can't get into VIPM until I update VIPM, can't Update VIPM until I get in VIPM to change Proxy settings.

:D

My community edition has expired and the only viable options available in the Dialog is to update VIPM, but it says it can not connect, and the result is I can not launch VIPM. I have had this problem before and you resolved it in the past. I have a little bit more info for you this time, I am forced to change my Proxy Password on a monthly basis, which just happened to be today. I think the result is my proxy settings in the VIPM are now incorrect, but I can't get into the VIPM to change them. This is a bit of a conumdrum; can't get into VIPM until I update VIPM, can't Update VIPM until I get in VIPM to change Proxy settings.

:D

I've been updating my VIPM by downloading the latest version with my browser, instead of thru VIPM. This might work for you, and then you could update you proxy password and such.

Doh! That's quite a pickle. :D

Fortunately this won't happen in the future (once you upgrade to the 1.0 Final Releasee), as there is no expiration in the final release. The simplest solution (as Chris mentioned) is to download the 1.0 final release from http://jkisoft.com/vipm/download/ . Run the installer and it will upgrade your existing VIPM installation. Then, run VIPM and change your proxy settings in the options dialog.

Thank you,

-Jim Kring

Archived