Modifying an existing package and repackaging

I have modified two of the files in the OG Variant library. As things work now, I install the library on each machine and then manually copy over the modified files.

Can the VIPM Builder recreate the package with my changes (easily), so that i can uninstall the main OG library and install my modified version instead? How much work would it be to recreate the palette/install, etc?

I have modified two of the files in the OG Variant library. As things work now, I install the library on each machine and then manually copy over the modified files.

Can the VIPM Builder recreate the package with my changes (easily), so that i can uninstall the main OG library and install my modified version instead? How much work would it be to recreate the palette/install, etc?

Hi Jed,

This use case is one that VIPM does not address in an any of its "automagical" features. In some situations, you can create a package of only your modified VIs. However, if your modified OpenG VIs need to be called by unmodified OpenG VIs, then you'll need to modify these VIs as well.

The two best approaches that I can think of are:

1) Create a package (jed_lib_array) of the modified OpenG VIs (oglib_array).

2) Give your feedback to OpenG to see if your improvements can get incorporated into the OpenG distribution.

Archived