Package building not working in LV2009

hfettig

I am unable to build packages using VIPM 2.0.3 and LV2009.

I have tracked the problem to OpenG Builder, specifically to the Filter Illegal File Names_ogb.vi.

It looks like NI changed the connector pane of the Is Name Multiplatform.vi in LV2009.

Since Filter Illegal File Names_ogb.vi uses a strictly typed refnum to call Is Name Multiplatform.vi this throws an error and aborts the build process.

Is there another version of OpenG Builder that I am not aware of? I have version 2.0.0.399 installed and VIPM shows no newer versions.

OpenG_Builder_Bug.PNG

OpenG_Builder_Bug_2.PNG

Here is the output from OpenG builder:

Error 1031 occurred at Error 1031 occurred at Open VI Reference in Filter Illegal File Names__ogb.vi->Generate VI Building Info__ogb.vi->Build Application__ogb.vi->OpenG_Builder__ogb.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: VI Reference type does not match VI connector pane.

Error Conditions:

VI Name: ViPropertyNode.vi

VI Path: C:\Users\Heiko Fettig\Documents\Code\RivardFettig\ReUseLibrary\Released\ApplicationControl\Source\ViPropertyNode.vi

VI Path: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\Utility\libraryn.llb\Is Name Multiplatform.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: VI Reference type does not match VI connector pane.

BTW, you should be able to fix this problem by updating the type of the Strict VI Refnum constant to match "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\Utility\libraryn.llb\Is Name Multiplatform.vi".

I just tested it and I confirm it works. No other problems during build, apart from unrelated issue of recursive VI... :-)

BTW, you should be able to fix this problem by updating the type of the Strict VI Refnum constant to match "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\Utility\libraryn.llb\Is Name Multiplatform.vi".

I figured as much but had not had time to do it before I wrote the post.

I changed it and everything is building fine now.

I just tested it and I confirm it works. No other problems during build, apart from unrelated issue of recursive VI... :-)

I figured as much but had not had time to do it before I wrote the post.

I changed it and everything is building fine now.

Thank you, both, for testing and confirming that this works. I'm happy that this work-around will keep you going until we get a fix released :)

I've filed a bug for this and included the work-around information. Thanks, again for all your help, guys :)

I've run into the same issue, I'm glad I'm not the first... But for the life of me, I can't seem to find "Filter Illegal File Names__ogb.vi". Is it part of a library?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Just to add a footnote to this long dead thread....

I hit a similar problem today after I had applied the f1 patch to my build install of 8.6.1 - the probelm is the routine used to find the LabVIEW version number (LabVIEWVersion_ogb.vi) doesn't grok the f1 patch ID and then returns the version as "2009". Probably I should report this on an OpenG forum too...

Just to add a footnote to this long dead thread....

I hit a similar problem today after I had applied the f1 patch to my build install of 8.6.1 - the probelm is the routine used to find the LabVIEW version number (LabVIEWVersion_ogb.vi) doesn't grok the f1 patch ID and then returns the version as "2009". Probably I should report this on an OpenG forum too...

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for reporting this. Would you be willing to work with us to help get this resolved? We can try to fix and then have you test.

Cheers,

-Jim

Archived