Auto-conflict

I've upgraded to VIPM 3.0 Community at home, and I get the following conflict when I want to install ogrsc_deab package. (LV2009)

deab_autoconflict.png

Also, as a side-effect, if I select multiple packages to be installed and this one is selected, the whole installation process aborts and no packages get installed... (no error messages)

I can reproduce this issue -- it's a bug. What I *think* is happening is the ogrsc_builder package (which is currently installed) declares a conflict with the ogrsc_deab package. So, attempting to install ogrsc_deab should suggest to uninstall ogrsc_builder. However, it seems that VIPM is getting confused and is suggesting to uninstall ogrsc_deab -- I don't understand why that's happening.

Work-around: Manually uninstall ogrsc_builder and then try to install ogrsc_deab.

Also, do you have a reason for wanting to install ogrsc_deab? It's a very old package that's (effectively) been replaced by ogrsc_builder (OpenG Builder).

IAlso, do you have a reason for wanting to install ogrsc_deab? It's a very old package that's (effectively) been replaced by ogrsc_builder (OpenG Builder).

Jim,

This has bitten me, as well. The "reason" to install ogrsc_deab is simple -- I'm doing a new LabVIEW installation and am adding the entire OpenG library. So I select everything and choose Install. If there is a "very old" package that is messing up the installation, perhaps it should be removed from the Library (if the bug in loading it cannot be fixed).

Bob Schor

• 3 weeks later...

Archived