Installation of packages does not start at all

Novgorod

Hi,

I have a very odd problem.. I have LabView 8.5 and VIPM (newest version) installed on a XP 32bit machine (SP3, all updates). The communication of VIPM with LabView seems to be ok, I configured everything according to the instructions (anyway there's little you can do wrong) - now if I try to install packages (right click -> install, then OK), the LabView main window opens up (the first time), but nothing happens then! the status bar of VIPM says just "ready..." without anything being installed.. I can't figure out the problem, since I got VIPM to run (and install packages) without any issues on 2 other PCs with essentially the same configurations (same OS, same LabView versions)...

By the way, I can download the packages in VIPM (right click -> download), but the installation is just "skipped" without any error, although the communication with LabView apparently works..

The LabView installation is fresh, no standard settings are modified.. I have no idea where to look for the error - maybe you have an idea what causes such a behavior of VIPM...

So, here's the error

=========== START of VIPM Error Message ===========

An internal VIPM Error has occured on: Tuesday October 20, 2009 at 02:54:46 PM

= Automated Message Start =

Error 7 occurred at Get File Size in

EE9916E14E5E87B2B3DDDCBBC17E1E67.lvlib:D5381A018DD0FABC6E5A0C7726F273F2->EE9916E14E5E87B2B3DDDCBBC17

E1E67.lvlib:0407C3D049B40FC15090787A4749227E->EE9916E14E5E87B2B3DDDCBBC17E1E67.lvlib:4DB7646A2C5844C

2D98806B4C6B2599B->EB924BCF787F13C7D72EEB31A5550542->VIPM Main Window.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be

incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, :

on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file

explorer.

= Automated Message End =

= Error Handler Call Chain Start =

VIPM Main Window.vi

= Error Handler Call Chain End =

=========== END of VIPM Error Message ===========

File not found? How can that be if LabView is launched by VIPM?

File not found? How can that be if LabView is launched by VIPM?

Thanks for posting your error message.

We've had some issues in the past with this error (file not found) masking other low-level errors (the actual errors).

Are you using VIPM 3.0 (build 1280)? You can find the version information in the Help>>About dialog.

Yes, it's build 1280 (september 2009).

OK, then it seems that we still have a problem somewhere. The only thing that jumps out as a possibility is maybe some kind of file permission issue. Are you running VIPM from a user account with admin privileges? Is there anything different about the configurations of this system from the other two that are working?

The user has admin rights and anything else I can think of is identical to another PC where it's running (even the hardware). The program folder (on both PCs!) is non-standard, i.e. it's on the D partition and the permissions are identical. The documents & settings user folder is on C and the user concerned (and all administrators anyway) has full permissions there...

Anyway, it's not so critical yet. So far I use only very few openG VIs, which I can implement manually. We will get a new lab PC soon, so maybe it will work there :)

Archived