how to exclude VI from vi.lib\addons\ when building a package?

Hi,

I have set of homemade VIs that use NI's ftp VIs (from the internet toolkit), when I build my package with VIPM it takes a really long time because each ftp VI has to be searched even though the path is correct (maybe this issue is due to the fact ftp VIs are in addons folder or in a llb, dunno..).

But the main issue is that once installed in a LabVIEW palette, my VIs won't work because all the NI's ftp VIs are renamed and saved in the package, I think this causes a problem when using semaphore in the "ftp session" so NI's ftp VIs renamed in the package won't "understand" original NI's ftp VI and return an error because the couldn't obtain the semaphore.

I assume the solution would be to exclude VIs located in [LabVIEW]\vi.lib\addons, I thought they would be automatically excluded but apparently not.

Current work-around : I removed VIs using NI's ftp VIs from my package and copy them in my projects when I need them :wacko:

Anyone can help?

Hi TiTou,

I'm sorry that this limitation is affecting you. I don't have a better work-around than the one you're using.

We're brainstorming on how to allow users to manage which VIs are included and excluded. Here's a mock-up of what it might look like.

Note: this feature does not and may never exist. It is just a mock-up.

0.png

The idea is that you could modify the default settings by adding and removing inclusions and exclusions.

-Jim

Hey, that's a cool idea! Here's my feature request for it :)

I started looking into the OpenG Builder, it seems to me that I could get things done with it, is that correct? My problem is that it's way more complicated than VIPM to use, so many features I get lost, can you point the best documentation available for it please?

Cheers

Hey, that's a cool idea! Here's my feature request for it :)

I started looking into the OpenG Builder, it seems to me that I could get things done with it, is that correct? My problem is that it's way more complicated than VIPM to use, so many features I get lost, can you point the best documentation available for it please?

Cheers

Hi TiTou,

Sorry for the delay in response. The OpenG Builder homepage is here. And, there's a somewhat out-of-date manual, here.

Of course, I'm happy to answer any of your questions.

Thanks,

Archived