Create Package for previous LV Version

hfettig

I would love to create packages from 2009 that are saved as LV8.0, which is as far back as I can save from 2009.

I have a build script that converts the package source to LV8.0 but when I run the package builder it mass compiles the package source to LV2009.

I know I can install LV8 and then run package builder from LV8.0 but I was wondering if there was anything in the package build process that would absolutely require the MassCompile? Doesn't OpenG Builder just zip everything up and rename the file (more or less)?

Could we just have an option to have the pre-build mass-compile optional?

I would love to create packages from 2009 that are saved as LV8.0, which is as far back as I can save from 2009.

I have a build script that converts the package source to LV8.0 but when I run the package builder it mass compiles the package source to LV2009.

I know I can install LV8 and then run package builder from LV8.0 but I was wondering if there was anything in the package build process that would absolutely require the MassCompile? Doesn't OpenG Builder just zip everything up and rename the file (more or less)?

Could we just have an option to have the pre-build mass-compile optional?

Hello Heiko,

The mass compile is not something that can be bypassed, since we're really creating a source distribution (and putting everything into a single LLB file). We're looking at features that would "build" the package into a structure that reflects the folder structure of the sources.

Dynamically down-saving is a cool feature idea, and one that we've also discussed internally at JKI, but it adds a lot of complexity to the process and isn't too commonly needed. It also increases the likelihood of the built/packaged VIs not working correctly (since the down-save process doesn't always work well).

Thanks,

Archived