Advanced search

Now that I've discovered the filter option (show only packages containing specified text) I use it a lot and one thing I miss is a tokken for "or".

for instance if I type :

openg,jki

I would see packages containing "openg" or "jki" in their name.

Hi TiTou,

That's an interesting idea. Not that it's a prerequisite, but do you know of any software that supports the comma as a logical "OR" token (or anything similar). For example, I just checked and iTunes doesn't seem to support the comma.

Thanks,

-Jim

do you know of any software that supports the comma as a logical "OR" token (or anything similar).

Well.. appart from a "project utility" I developed to facilitate my day to day use of LabVIEW project, no.

In that particular case, the choice of comma was only based on keyboard convenience - I'm using 3 different types of keyboard on a regular basis (QWERTZ, QWERTY and AZERTY) - and the comma is the most "constant" key.

Well.. appart from a "project utility" I developed to facilitate my day to day use of LabVIEW project, no.

In that particular case, the choice of comma was only based on keyboard convenience - I'm using 3 different types of keyboard on a regular basis (QWERTZ, QWERTY and AZERTY) - and the comma is the most "constant" key.

Here are some comments and questions:

Why do you want to see a list of only OpenG AND JKI packages? I mean, in which part of your workflow does this come up?

We considered different ways to do filtering and figured that the best scheme was the one used by Apple (in iTunes, Spotlight, Finder, etc.) where space delimited terms were AND'ed together. This helps you drill down and find things, so that you can perform some operation on them. OR'ing doesn't seem to be designed for a drill-down workflow.

What if we had some kind of "Smart Folders" (or "Virtual Folders") feature? This would allow you to create a saved filter that you often use. Now, I'm not saying we'll add this feature, but we're very open to discussing what it might look like ;)

Thanks,

Archived