Easy xml and com port

dialooc

Hi dialooc,

Is it me or easy xml doesn't support com port control? If not, does anyone know if there's plans to add it?

When you say "com port control," I'm assuming you're talking about the VISA Session datatype.

EasyXML doesn't support the VISA session datatype directly. However, you can convert VISA sessions to and from strings. If you convert your VISA session to a string and use the string as an element in the cluster you're passing to EasyXML, it will work.

If you have any trouble or if I'm misunderstanding, please reply and we'll help you out.

Thanks!

Justin

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I am also trying to do the same as Dialooc and I did try to take the string value out of the visa serial port. Please, could you advice me if there is a better way to do it?

What Justin means is that a VISA Resource will coerce to a string. So, change the control in your cluster into a string and then you can wire VISA Resources to it and vice versa:

2_15_2010_6_49_15_PM.png

Does that info help?

Hi Jim,

Yes, this helps a lot!

thanks again!

Helcio

What Justin means is that a VISA Resource will coerce to a string. So, change the control in your cluster into a string and then you can wire VISA Resources to it and vice versa:

post-2-1266288666.png

Does that info help?

Archived