Problem to install Package

Frank

Hallo

I created a package an stored it in the repository. Now I want to intall it with the manager. I get the following error message:

VIPM could not download[Filename] from the remote server.

I can check the network for new packages. So I think there no problem with the connection to the repository.

So whats wrong?

frank

post-2736-1265281152_thumb.jpg

Hello

I did some more tests.

This error occurs when I did an update of an installed package. e.g. Name1.0.0 to Name 2.0.0. It although appears when I want to install the last version of an Package which is not installed. e.g. i´ve got three packages in my repository Name1.0.0, 2.0.0, 3.0.0. I want to install 3.0.0 That doesn´t work. I can only install 1.0.0

Could anyone out there help me?

Frank

Hello

I did some more tests.

This error occurs when I did an update of an installed package. e.g. Name1.0.0 to Name 2.0.0. It although appears when I want to install the last version of an Package which is not installed. e.g. i´ve got three packages in my repository Name1.0.0, 2.0.0, 3.0.0. I want to install 3.0.0 That doesn´t work. I can only install 1.0.0

Could anyone out there help me?

Frank

I have a stupid question. Does the 3.0.0 package exist in the repository? Can you load up the Repository Manager and take a look?

Next Stupid Question. How did you update the package in the repository to V2.0 then V3.0? I assume you rebuilt the package with the new version number, then you added it to the repository?

I have a stupid question. Does the 3.0.0 package exist in the repository? Can you load up the Repository Manager and take a look?

Next Stupid Question. How did you update the package in the repository to V2.0 then V3.0? I assume you rebuilt the package with the new version number, then you added it to the repository?

There are no stupid questions only stupid answers (german saying) :rolleyes:

Hello Michael

I update the package by building a new package with a new version number. I do this to test the handling of the packages.

Yes the package is in the repository. Here is the Screen shot.

Frank

post-2736-1265357635.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hello

Did this problem ever get resolved as I am experiencing the same error message.

I have (currently) 4 VIPM users connecting to a repository. Only 1 package (1 version) in repository.

All clients using same version (3.0) of VIPM and LabVIEW 8.6.1

All clients can see package in repository yet only 2 can install it, the other 2 return error code 1 (The package is not available remotely)

Chris

Hello

Did this problem ever get resolved as I am experiencing the same error message.

I have (currently) 4 VIPM users connecting to a repository. Only 1 package (1 version) in repository.

All clients using same version (3.0) of VIPM and LabVIEW 8.6.1

All clients can see package in repository yet only 2 can install it, the other 2 return error code 1 (The package is not available remotely)

Chris

Hi Chris,

In VIPM 3.0, we found an issue (related to case sensitivity of the Repository URLs) that might be the problem:

Please check the repository URLs being entered by the VIPM client computers. Does the case of the URLs on the computers that work match the case of the URLs entered on the computers that don't work?

For example:

http://MyServer/repository/

vs.

http://myserver/repository/

I hope this helps. If not, we'll work with you to figure out the issue.

Thanks,

-Jim

Hi Chris,

In VIPM 3.0, we found an issue (related to case sensitivity of the Repository URLs) that might be the problem:

Please check the repository URLs being entered by the VIPM client computers. Does the case of the URLs on the computers that work match the case of the URLs entered on the computers that don't work?

For example:

http://MyServer/repository/

vs.

http://myserver/repository/

I hope this helps. If not, we'll work with you to figure out the issue.

Thanks,

-Jim

Jim

Double checked the URL and even copied it from a working client to a non-working client but still no joy. Non-working client can see the items in the repository but can't install them.

Have checked LabVIEW TCP/IP settings, package installation directories etc but nothing out of the ordinary.

Here's a screen shot showing clearly that client can see package but not install.

Chris

VIPM_error_1.bmp

Jim

Double checked the URL and even copied it from a working client to a non-working client but still no joy. Non-working client can see the items in the repository but can't install them.

Have checked LabVIEW TCP/IP settings, package installation directories etc but nothing out of the ordinary.

Here's a screen shot showing clearly that client can see package but not install.

Chris

VIPM_error_1.bmp

Hi Chris,

OK. It looks like it's not something trivial. I've sent you an email so that we can get the VIPM dev team involved and dig into the details of fixing this issue.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived