Add support for VB AI Plugins

I use Vision Builder AI for building industrial vision system and over the year I have accumulated a whole lot of plugins for VBAI (developed in LabVIEW).

Plugins for VBAI are LLBs if they are compiled to run on Windows but they can also be BINs if they are compiled to run on a RT target (CVS, SmartCam, EVS).

It would be really could if I could use VIPM to deploy my VBAI plugins in the same sort of way I deploy my LabVIEW packages.

Expected behaviour :

- I select the folder in which my plugins (LLBs) are,

- nothing appears in the Control Palette (currently I see a subpalette for each LLB with in it all the CTLs it contains)

- In the Function Palette I see my plugins icon (currently I see a subpalette for each LLB with in it all the VIs it contains)

- I set the advanced build params (I don't think I need anything more than what exist now in that part).

Maybe to achieve this I just need an option by right clicking on each LLB's subpalette, something like "consider this LLB as a plugins and don't check what's in"

In fact that could work for Plugins for any custom LabVIEW application, not just VBAI.

Hi TiTou,

I *think* you might be able to build/package your VB AI Plugins with VIPM's package builder. Have you tried?

Where do you need to install the plugins? You can configure where VIPM installs the package. However, the problem is that VIPM right now keeps one installation database for each LabVIEW version, so you'd need to make sure that you only use one LabVIEW version for installing the packages.

-Jim

Hi TiTou,

I *think* you might be able to build/package your VB AI Plugins with VIPM's package builder. Have you tried?

Yes, but no luck...

When I do try to build, I first get this message :

1.png

This is a bit odd because I didn't open LabVIEW, VIPM did, so why would these VI need to be closed? Any way I click "Continue" and then I get this message :

2.png

And the OpenG Builder front panel is still opened, but the VI isn't running :

3.png

One thing that might be the source of the issue is that some VIs in my plugins call VIs that belong to another LLB that "belongs" to Vision Builder AI; do you think that could be the problem?

Where do you need to install the plugins? You can configure where VIPM installs the package. However, the problem is that VIPM right now keeps one installation database for each LabVIEW version, so you'd need to make sure that you only use one LabVIEW version for installing the packages.

-Jim

For a given version of Vision Builder AI, you have to use a specific version of LabVIEW. So I that should be OK.

For Vision Builder AI, plugins have to be developed in LV 8.5.

Thanks

Archived