VIPM cant connect to LV71 w/Vista

I'm trying to use VIPM community version with LabVIEW 7.1. VIPM will launch LV, but just won't install any packages, and I've triple checked my VI Server settings (using port 3363, using 127.0.0.1 and also "localhost" in the access list, plus I set timeout to 90 seconds). The connection test function fails also. I'm running Vista Home Premium on a dual core machine with 4G memory. When I select a package (downloaded to my machine first), VIPM opens LV, then sits there churning away without doing anything (I let it run for about 20 mins once). If I manually close LV, then VIPM says it couldn't connect, but it never times out on its own. Any thoughts? Vista settings I can check?

Regards,

Michael

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble, and so late on a Friday evening ;)

That's the first time I've heard of this one. It seems from your description that VIPM is in the process of trying to connect to LabVIEW when VIPM appears hung up. The only thing I can think of is that it's some network setting on the computer.

We haven't done extensive testing (and haven't had many users running) on Vista, let along Vista Home. Have you tried turning off the Windows Firewall and Windows Defender (or other firewall/antivirus/security software).

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived